From: John Thingstad
Subject: spam warning
Please avoid replying to "Re: macros".
This trolling has gone on for long enough..
The only conclusion I have reached so for is that is the two people
usually reside at comp.lang.java then I should probably avoid it like the
plague.
The entire day there have been only two threads going and they have both
long since gone stale.

(a bored and annoyed)
John Thingstad

From: Espen Vestre
Subject: Re: spam warning
"John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> writes:

> Please avoid replying to "Re: macros".
> This trolling has gone on for long enough..

I wholeheartedly agree.

And in the future it may be wise not to cross-post to the
java.whatever-groups, it seems.
--
  (espen)
From: Nicolas Neuss
Espen Vestre <·····@vestre.net> writes:

> "John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> writes:
>
>> Please avoid replying to "Re: macros".
>> This trolling has gone on for long enough..
>
> I wholeheartedly agree.
>
> And in the future it may be wise not to cross-post to the
> java.whatever-groups, it seems.

The easiest way to enjoy it is to read only Kaz Kylheku's posts, who
answers the trolls in the most appropriate way. E.g., I just read:

"Is that so? I haven't ever had version control problems with yacc or bison
files.  So the problem must be on your end. Somewhere between the keyboard
and chair."

"Your criticism after sniffing Lisp for five minutes is about as valuable
as a wet paper tissue."

Nicolas
From: John Thingstad
På Thu, 21 May 2009 09:55:48 +0200, skrev Nicolas Neuss
<········@math.uni-karlsruhe.de>:

> The easiest way to enjoy it is to read only Kaz Kylheku's posts, who
> answers the trolls in the most appropriate way. E.g., I just read:
>
> "Is that so? I haven't ever had version control problems with yacc or
> bison
> files.  So the problem must be on your end. Somewhere between the
> keyboard
> and chair."
>
> "Your criticism after sniffing Lisp for five minutes is about as valuable
> as a wet paper tissue."
>
> Nicolas

No it isn't. I find this hazing just as irritating.. And it just keeps
making the tread longer.
It pollutes the forum and turns it into a tantrum rant for big kids.
(You Realize that each one of those post will be answered and that we will
have another 50 post's because of it?)

---------------------
John Thingstad
From: Seamus MacRae
John Thingstad wrote:
> På Thu, 21 May 2009 09:55:48 +0200, skrev Nicolas Neuss
> <········@math.uni-karlsruhe.de>:
>

>> The easiest way to enjoy it is to read only Kaz Kylheku's posts, who
>> answers the trolls

I never saw him answer himself.

> No it isn't. I find this hazing just as irritating.

Hazing is a good word for it. And hazing ought to be illegal.
From: Series Expansion
On May 21, 6:58 am, "John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> wrote:
> På Thu, 21 May 2009 09:55:48 +0200, skrev Nicolas Neuss
> <········@math.uni-karlsruhe.de>:
> > The easiest way to enjoy it is to read only Kaz Kylheku's posts, who
> > answers the trolls in the most appropriate way.
> No it isn't. I find this hazing just as irritating.. And it just keeps
> making the tread longer.
> It pollutes the forum and turns it into a tantrum rant for big kids.

These tiresome personal attacks do not constitute rational arguments
in favor of either Lisp or Java, John and Nicolas.
From: Seamus MacRae
Nicolas Neuss wrote:
> Espen Vestre <·····@vestre.net> writes:
>
>> "John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> writes:
>>
>>> Please avoid replying to "Re: macros".
>>> This trolling has gone on for long enough..
>> I wholeheartedly agree.
>>
>> And in the future it may be wise not to cross-post to the
>> java.whatever-groups, it seems.
>
> The easiest way to enjoy it is to read only Kaz Kylheku's posts, who
> answers the trolls in the most appropriate way.

He IS one of the trolls. You're forgetting -- I'm not a troll; you
people are trolls.
From: Series Expansion
On May 21, 3:55 am, Nicolas Neuss <········@math.uni-karlsruhe.de>
wrote:
> Espen Vestre <·····@vestre.net> writes:
> > "John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> writes:
> >> Please avoid replying to "Re: macros".
> >> This trolling has gone on for long enough..
> > I wholeheartedly agree.
> The easiest way to enjoy it is to read only Kaz Kylheku's posts, who
> answers the trolls in the most appropriate way.

These tiresome personal attacks do not constitute rational arguments
in favor of either Lisp or Java, Nicolas, Espen, and John.
From: Seamus MacRae
Espen Vestre wrote:
> "John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> writes:
>
>> Please avoid replying to "Re: macros".
>> This trolling has gone on for long enough..
>
> I wholeheartedly agree.

Then why keep trolling by making OT posts like this one?
From: Series Expansion
On May 20, 5:23 pm, Espen Vestre <·····@vestre.net> wrote:
> "John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> writes:
> > Please avoid replying to "Re: macros".
> > This trolling has gone on for long enough..
> I wholeheartedly agree.

These tiresome personal attacks do not constitute rational arguments
in favor of either Lisp or Java, Espen and John.
From: Seamus MacRae
John Thingstad wrote:
> Please avoid replying to "Re: macros".
> This trolling has gone on for long enough..

The trolling by you people? Yes, it has.
From: Series Expansion