From: Ari Johnson
Subject: Re: Using C for competitive advantage
fft1976 <·······@gmail.com> writes:

> Found this on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/8l3bq/wolfram_and_lisp/
>
> Are LISP programmers still bitter that Wolfram chose C instead of LISP?

General rule of thumb: Lisp programmers don't care and rarely pay
attention what anyone else is doing.

From: ··················@gmail.com
On May 17, 6:09 pm, Ari Johnson <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> fft1976 <·······@gmail.com> writes:
> > Found this on Reddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/8l3bq/wolfram_and_lisp/
>
> > Are LISP programmers still bitter that Wolfram chose C instead of LISP?
>
> General rule of thumb: Lisp programmers don't care and rarely pay
> attention what anyone else is doing.

I went to the grocery store and I bought a lot of groceries;
but I then realized that I /really/ like Jello pudding and granola
bars best.

Would it be reasonable for me to eat only Jello pudding and granola
bars?

Hope this helps!
From: Tamas K Papp
On Sun, 17 May 2009 17:09:03 -0500, Ari Johnson wrote:

> fft1976 <·······@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Found this on Reddit:
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/8l3bq/wolfram_and_lisp/
>>
>> Are LISP programmers still bitter that Wolfram chose C instead of LISP?
>
> General rule of thumb: Lisp programmers don't care and rarely pay
> attention what anyone else is doing.

Nay, they do pay close attention to what is going on, then they adapt
good things and incorporate them into the mudball.

What they don't (or should not) pay attention to is trolls like the OP
who post flamebait like this.  This troll is especially incompetent:
he/she should have noticed that there is another flamewar going on
right now, and people are getting tired of it so they are not likely
to participate in another one so soon.  Trolls on c.l.l used to be
more competent :-)

Tamas
From: Spiros Bousbouras
From: Duncan
On Tue, 19 May 2009 08:17:06 -0700, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:

> I'm not replying to anyone in particular; I would just like to point out
> that crossposting replies to comp.lang.c will almost certainly lead to
> another flamewar. In fact I am completely at a loss as to why some
> people have started crossposting to comp.lang.c

Really? Have you considered the possibility that some people like
flamewars?
From: Spiros Bousbouras
Subject: Crossposting Re: Using C for competitive advantage
On 28 May, 06:53, Duncan
<··································@togivemyaddressout.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 08:17:06 -0700, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:
> > I'm not replying to anyone in particular; I would just like to point out
> > that crossposting replies to comp.lang.c will almost certainly lead to
> > another flamewar. In fact I am completely at a loss as to why some
> > people have started crossposting to comp.lang.c
>
> Really? Have you considered the possibility that some people like
> flamewars?

I considered it. The people who did the crossposting do not
strike me as trolls hence I rejected it.

--
Who's your mama?