From: ·········@lxny.org
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 12 May 2009 Lisp NYC: Stuart Sierra on Using Clojure to Build AltLaw
  what="official announcement by Lisp NYC, from
        http://www.lispnyc.org"
  time="7:00 pm Tuesday 12 May 2009"
  see="http://altlaw.org
       http://clojure.org
       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_transactional_memory"
  note="http://clojure.blogspot.com/2009/05/clojure-10.html"
  edits="one typo corrected">

 Stuart Sierra presents: Implementing AltLaw.org in Clojure

 This talk demonstrates the power of combining Clojure with large
 Java frameworks, such as:

     * Hadoop - distributed map/reduce processing
     * Solr - text indexing/searching
     * Restlet - REST-oriented web framework
     * Jets3t - Amazon S3

 Join us from 7:00 - 9:00 at Trinity Church in the heart of the
 East Village. Afterward the discussion will continue at the
 Sunburnt Cow on 9th and C.

  Directions to Trinity:

    Trinity Lutheran
    602 E. 9th St. & Ave B., on Tompkins Square Park
    http://trinitylowereastside.org/

    From N,R,Q,W (8th Street NYU Stop) and the 4,5 (Astor Street Stop):
      Walk East 4 blocks on St. Marks, cross Tompkins Square Park.

    From F&V (2nd Ave Stop):
      Walk E one or two blocks, turn north for 8 short blocks

    From L (1st Ave Stop):
      Walk E one block, turn sounth for 5 short blocks

    The M9 bus line drops you off at the doorstep and the M15 is near get
    off on St. Marks & 1st)

    To get there by car, take the FDR (East River Drive) to Houston then
    go NW till you're at 9th & B.  Week-night parking isn't bad at all,
    but if you're paranoid about your Caddy or in a hurry, there is a
    parking garage on 9th between 1st and 3rd Ave.

Distributed poC TINC:

Jay Sulzberger <·········@lxny.org>
Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

From: inforichland
On May 11, 12:46 pm, ·········@lxny.org wrote:
>   what="official announcement by Lisp NYC, from
>        http://www.lispnyc.org"
>   time="7:00 pm Tuesday 12 May 2009"
>   see="http://altlaw.org
>        http://clojure.org
>        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_transactional_memory"
>   note="http://clojure.blogspot.com/2009/05/clojure-10.html"
>   edits="one typo corrected">
>
>  Stuart Sierra presents: Implementing AltLaw.org in Clojure
>
>  This talk demonstrates the power of combining Clojure with large
>  Java frameworks, such as:
>
>      * Hadoop - distributed map/reduce processing
>      * Solr - text indexing/searching
>      * Restlet - REST-oriented web framework
>      * Jets3t - Amazon S3
>
>  Join us from 7:00 - 9:00 at Trinity Church in the heart of the
>  East Village. Afterward the discussion will continue at the
>  Sunburnt Cow on 9th and C.
>
>   Directions to Trinity:
>
>     Trinity Lutheran
>     602 E. 9th St. & Ave B., on Tompkins Square Park
>    http://trinitylowereastside.org/
>
>     From N,R,Q,W (8th Street NYU Stop) and the 4,5 (Astor Street Stop):
>       Walk East 4 blocks on St. Marks, cross Tompkins Square Park.
>
>     From F&V (2nd Ave Stop):
>       Walk E one or two blocks, turn north for 8 short blocks
>
>     From L (1st Ave Stop):
>       Walk E one block, turn sounth for 5 short blocks
>
>     The M9 bus line drops you off at the doorstep and the M15 is near get
>     off on St. Marks & 1st)
>
>     To get there by car, take the FDR (East River Drive) to Houston then
>     go NW till you're at 9th & B.  Week-night parking isn't bad at all,
>     but if you're paranoid about your Caddy or in a hurry, there is a
>     parking garage on 9th between 1st and 3rd Ave.

> Distributed poC TINC:
>
> Jay Sulzberger <·········@lxny.org>
> Corresponding Secretary LXNY
> LXNY is New York's Free Computing Organization.http://www.lxny.org

For those of us who don't live in New York, will slides or a webcast,
etc. be available ?
From: Kenneth Tilton
inforichland wrote:
> On May 11, 12:46 pm, ·········@lxny.org wrote:
>>   what="official announcement by Lisp NYC, from
>>        http://www.lispnyc.org"
>>   time="7:00 pm Tuesday 12 May 2009"
>>   see="http://altlaw.org
>>        http://clojure.org
>>        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_transactional_memory"
>>   note="http://clojure.blogspot.com/2009/05/clojure-10.html"
>>   edits="one typo corrected">
>>
>>  Stuart Sierra presents: Implementing AltLaw.org in Clojure
>>
>>  This talk demonstrates the power of combining Clojure with large
>>  Java frameworks, such as:
>>
>>      * Hadoop - distributed map/reduce processing
>>      * Solr - text indexing/searching
>>      * Restlet - REST-oriented web framework
>>      * Jets3t - Amazon S3
>>
>>  Join us from 7:00 - 9:00 at Trinity Church in the heart of the
>>  East Village. Afterward the discussion will continue at the
>>  Sunburnt Cow on 9th and C.
>>
>>   Directions to Trinity:
>>
>>     Trinity Lutheran
>>     602 E. 9th St. & Ave B., on Tompkins Square Park
>>    http://trinitylowereastside.org/
>>
>>     From N,R,Q,W (8th Street NYU Stop) and the 4,5 (Astor Street Stop):
>>       Walk East 4 blocks on St. Marks, cross Tompkins Square Park.
>>
>>     From F&V (2nd Ave Stop):
>>       Walk E one or two blocks, turn north for 8 short blocks
>>
>>     From L (1st Ave Stop):
>>       Walk E one block, turn sounth for 5 short blocks
>>
>>     The M9 bus line drops you off at the doorstep and the M15 is near get
>>     off on St. Marks & 1st)
>>
>>     To get there by car, take the FDR (East River Drive) to Houston then
>>     go NW till you're at 9th & B.  Week-night parking isn't bad at all,
>>     but if you're paranoid about your Caddy or in a hurry, there is a
>>     parking garage on 9th between 1st and 3rd Ave.

>> Distributed poC TINC:
>>
>> Jay Sulzberger <·········@lxny.org>
>> Corresponding Secretary LXNY
>> LXNY is New York's Free Computing Organization.http://www.lxny.org
>
> For those of us who don't live in New York, will slides or a webcast,
> etc. be available ?

Last I heard: We have been unable to reach G*d to secure the use of the
church. Arrivals thereat tomorrow should fine signs directing thme to
the usual post-talk imbibery, The Sunburnt Cow one block east on the
west side of Ave C between 8&9.

kt