From: GP lisper
Subject: Corman Lisp RIP?
I finally have an interesting need for Corman Lisp, I want to run
cl-selenium under it.  The website http://www.cormanlisp.com is up and
I downloaded the trial 3.01 version.  The forum mentions a 3.02
version in several places.  Version 3.0 Corman CL is supposed to
autodownload patches at startup, and back when I tried CCL 4 years ago,
I did get patches automatically (probably version 2.5).

The image dates from April 2007, the *cormanlisp-patch-level* is
reported as 0.  Trying to patch manually just returns 'nil' from the
patch update function.  So I haven't any patches locally.

Anyone know if Corman is still active?  They were always a small Bay
Area company, so perhaps the economic downturn did them in?  If I can
get cl-selenum running, along with slime, I'm happy to purchase (they
always had a nice token fee for licensing :-).

Note to those that always make other suggestions: you gotta have
unicode and threads actually working.  LW and ACL do not have token
fees.

TIA

--
Lisp:  Powering `Impossible Thoughts since 1958

From: =?UTF-8?B?QW5kcsOpIFRoaWVtZQ==?=
Subject: Re: Corman Lisp RIP?
GP lisper schrieb:
> I finally have an interesting need for Corman Lisp, I want to run
> cl-selenium under it.  The website http://www.cormanlisp.com is up and
> I downloaded the trial 3.01 version.  The forum mentions a 3.02
> version in several places.  Version 3.0 Corman CL is supposed to
> autodownload patches at startup, and back when I tried CCL 4 years ago,
> I did get patches automatically (probably version 2.5).
>
> The image dates from April 2007, the *cormanlisp-patch-level* is
> reported as 0.  Trying to patch manually just returns 'nil' from the
> patch update function.  So I haven't any patches locally.
>
> Anyone know if Corman is still active?  They were always a small Bay
> Area company, so perhaps the economic downturn did them in?  If I can
> get cl-selenum running, along with slime, I'm happy to purchase (they
> always had a nice token fee for licensing :-).
>
> Note to those that always make other suggestions: you gotta have
> unicode and threads actually working.  LW and ACL do not have token
> fees.

Perhaps this is no option for you, but if it is not a must to use
cl-selenium you may want to consider htmlunit:
http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/
You can use it from ABCL (I think). I use it in Clojure, and it works
very well.

André
--
Lisp is not dead. It’s just the URL that has changed:
http://clojure.org/
From: Leandro Rios
GP lisper escribi�:
> I finally have an interesting need for Corman Lisp, I want to run
> cl-selenium under it.  The website http://www.cormanlisp.com is up and
> I downloaded the trial 3.01 version.  The forum mentions a 3.02
> version in several places.  Version 3.0 Corman CL is supposed to
> autodownload patches at startup, and back when I tried CCL 4 years ago,
> I did get patches automatically (probably version 2.5).
>
> The image dates from April 2007, the *cormanlisp-patch-level* is
> reported as 0.  Trying to patch manually just returns 'nil' from the
> patch update function.  So I haven't any patches locally.
>
> Anyone know if Corman is still active?  They were always a small Bay
> Area company, so perhaps the economic downturn did them in?  If I can
> get cl-selenum running, along with slime, I'm happy to purchase (they
> always had a nice token fee for licensing :-).
>
> Note to those that always make other suggestions: you gotta have
> unicode and threads actually working.  LW and ACL do not have token
> fees.
>
> TIA

I have no idea about the fate of Corman Lisp, but in the case the worse
has happened, take a look to Clozure Common Lisp. There is a version for
win32 I'm about to test, it supports threads, unicode and is licensed
under the LLGPL.

Leandro
From: George Neuner
On Sat, 2 May 2009 02:52:03 -0700, GP lisper
<········@CloudDancer.com> wrote:

>Anyone know if Corman is still active?

Did you try emailing or calling them?
From: Francogrex
On May 2, 11:52 am, GP lisper <········@CloudDancer.com> wrote:
> I finally have an interesting need for Corman Lisp, I want to run
> cl-selenium under it.

I don't know whether they're still alive or not; Although Corman lisp
is fine for many things (like w32 standalone applications etc) it is
known to be slower and less eficient than other free implementations
like ECL for example).