From: Kartik_Vashishta
Subject: Free Solaris 10 root account and training
Comfort and Peace, I wish you.

You have root access on a Solaris 10 system. About breaking something,
do not worry.

username: root

password:

(just hit "enter")

To you, I decided to provide root access. Root access, will, help you
to learn.

This is a non-global zone, so, certain features may be not present.

You may, on this system,install packages(install web servers etc), you
may, install patches(learn how to patch a Solaris system), you may
install software, etc..... http://sunfreeware.com offers many free
packages....do not hesitate to install any you like.... http://sunsolve.sun.com
offers free Sun patches, try installing some. If you have any problem,
then, to contact me, do not hesitate.

Try to keep connection on, sometimes the connection may, "time
out"....I'm working on fixing it.... Play around with the
system..learn, enjoy..

What I may do to help, let me know. How to connect to the system: You
may, on the dos prompt, type: telnet 98.215.91.249 2033 (the spaces
between, the word, "telnet", and, "98.215.91.249", and, "2033" are
important)

or

Download and install putty, putty is, among other things, "a telnet
client". In putty, you may "store" your session connection stuff....
encure "telnet" is checked, replace the 23 by 2033, put in the IP
address...give it a name...save click "open", "load" is different from
"open"....ENSURE that the correct data is in your saved session:
98.215.91.249 and 2033

So, you have a free account, you even have root access, what next? Get
a look and feel of the sotware, familiarize yourself. Try some of the
exercises mentioned. http://www.kartik.com/FreeUNIXTraining.html Try
installing software. Try installing patches. For instance, you may
install apache and serve web pages....let me know if you need help....

Thanks to my girlfriend, for, helping me provide this.

Kartik Vashishta

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: Free Solaris 10 root account and training
Kartik_Vashishta wrote:
> Comfort and Peace, I wish you.
>
> You have root access on a Solaris 10 system. About breaking something,
> do not worry.
>
> username: root
>
> password:
>
> (just hit "enter")
>
> To you, I decided to provide root access. Root access, will, help you
> to learn.
>
> This is a non-global zone, so, certain features may be not present.
>
> You may, on this system,install packages(install web servers etc), you
> may, install patches(learn how to patch a Solaris system), you may
> install software, etc.....http://sunfreeware.comoffers many free
> packages....do not hesitate to install any you like....http://sunsolve.sun.com
> offers free Sun patches, try installing some. If you have any problem,
> then, to contact me, do not hesitate.
>
> Try to keep connection on, sometimes the connection may, "time
> out"....I'm working on fixing it.... Play around with the
> system..learn, enjoy..
>
> What I may do to help, let me know. How to connect to the system: You
> may, on the dos prompt, type: telnet 98.215.91.249 2033 (the spaces
> between, the word, "telnet", and, "98.215.91.249", and, "2033" are
> important)
>
> or
>
> Download and install putty, putty is, among other things, "a telnet
> client". In putty, you may "store" your session connection stuff....
> encure "telnet" is checked, replace the 23 by 2033, put in the IP
> address...give it a name...save click "open", "load" is different from
> "open"....ENSURE that the correct data is in your saved session:
> 98.215.91.249 and 2033
>
> So, you have a free account, you even have root access, what next? Get
> a look and feel of the sotware, familiarize yourself. Try some of the
> exercises mentioned.http://www.kartik.com/FreeUNIXTraining.htmlTry
> installing software. Try installing patches. For instance, you may
> install apache and serve web pages....let me know if you need help....
>
> Thanks to my girlfriend, for, helping me provide this.
>
> Kartik Vashishta

Aren't you concerned that spammers may use your machine to send email
or that pirates may use it to propagate viruses? And do you teach
computer security as part of the UNIX training you provide?

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Kartik_Vashishta
On Mar 27, 9:57 am, Ludovic Brenta <·······@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:
> Kartik_Vashishta wrote:
> > Comfort and Peace, I wish you.
>
> > You have root access on a Solaris 10 system. About breaking something,
> > do not worry.
>
> > username: root
>
> > password:
>
> > (just hit "enter")
>
> > To you, I decided to provide root access. Root access, will, help you
> > to learn.
>
> > This is a non-global zone, so, certain features may be not present.
>
> > You may, on this system,install packages(install web servers etc), you
> > may, install patches(learn how to patch a Solaris system), you may
> > install software, etc.....http://sunfreeware.comoffersmany free
> > packages....do not hesitate to install any you like....http://sunsolve.sun.com
> > offers free Sun patches, try installing some. If you have any problem,
> > then, to contact me, do not hesitate.
>
> > Try to keep connection on, sometimes the connection may, "time
> > out"....I'm working on fixing it.... Play around with the
> > system..learn, enjoy..
>
> > What I may do to help, let me know. How to connect to the system: You
> > may, on the dos prompt, type: telnet 98.215.91.249 2033 (the spaces
> > between, the word, "telnet", and, "98.215.91.249", and, "2033" are
> > important)
>
> > or
>
> > Download and install putty, putty is, among other things, "a telnet
> > client". In putty, you may "store" your session connection stuff....
> > encure "telnet" is checked, replace the 23 by 2033, put in the IP
> > address...give it a name...save click "open", "load" is different from
> > "open"....ENSURE that the correct data is in your saved session:
> > 98.215.91.249 and 2033
>
> > So, you have a free account, you even have root access, what next? Get
> > a look and feel of the sotware, familiarize yourself. Try some of the
> > exercises mentioned.http://www.kartik.com/FreeUNIXTraining.htmlTry
> > installing software. Try installing patches. For instance, you may
> > install apache and serve web pages....let me know if you need help....
>
> > Thanks to my girlfriend, for, helping me provide this.
>
> > Kartik Vashishta
>
> Aren't you concerned that spammers may use your machine to send email
> or that pirates may use it to propagate viruses? And do you teach
> computer security as part of the UNIX training you provide?
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.- Hide quoted text -

"Ethical hacking" is something.....
this is not, not, free....
new IP/host to connect to:
trainingzone.getmyip.com at port 2033   so, the command is:
telnet trainingzone.getmyip.com 2033
If there are issues, please, contact me.

Kartik Vashishta
From: Ludovic Brenta
On Apr 5, 8:27 am, Kartik_Vashishta <················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mar 27, 9:57 am, Ludovic Brenta <·······@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:
>

> > Kartik_Vashishta wrote:
> > > Comfort and Peace, I wish you.
>
> > > You have root access on a Solaris 10 system. About breaking something,
> > > do not worry.
>
> > > username: root
>
> > > password:
>
> > > (just hit "enter")
>
> > > To you, I decided to provide root access. Root access, will, help you
> > > to learn.
>
> > > This is a non-global zone, so, certain features may be not present.
>
> > > You may, on this system,install packages(install web servers etc), you
> > > may, install patches(learn how to patch a Solaris system), you may
> > > install software, etc.....http://sunfreeware.comoffersmanyfree
> > > packages....do not hesitate to install any you like....http://sunsolve.sun.com
> > > offers free Sun patches, try installing some. If you have any problem,
> > > then, to contact me, do not hesitate.
>
> > > Try to keep connection on, sometimes the connection may, "time
> > > out"....I'm working on fixing it.... Play around with the
> > > system..learn, enjoy..
>
> > > What I may do to help, let me know. How to connect to the system: You
> > > may, on the dos prompt, type: telnet 98.215.91.249 2033 (the spaces
> > > between, the word, "telnet", and, "98.215.91.249", and, "2033" are
> > > important)
>
> > > or
>
> > > Download and install putty, putty is, among other things, "a telnet
> > > client". In putty, you may "store" your session connection stuff....
> > > encure "telnet" is checked, replace the 23 by 2033, put in the IP
> > > address...give it a name...save click "open", "load" is different from
> > > "open"....ENSURE that the correct data is in your saved session:
> > > 98.215.91.249 and 2033
>
> > > So, you have a free account, you even have root access, what next? Get
> > > a look and feel of the sotware, familiarize yourself. Try some of the
> > > exercises mentioned.http://www.kartik.com/FreeUNIXTraining.htmlTry
> > > installing software. Try installing patches. For instance, you may
> > > install apache and serve web pages....let me know if you need help....
>
> > > Thanks to my girlfriend, for, helping me provide this.
>
> > > Kartik Vashishta
>
> > Aren't you concerned that spammers may use your machine to send email
> > or that pirates may use it to propagate viruses? And do you teach
> > computer security as part of the UNIX training you provide?
>
> > --
> > Ludovic Brenta.- Hide quoted text -

> "Ethical hacking" is something.....

And legal responsibility is another. If you open your machine to
pirates and pirates use it for illegal activities, you are guilty of
helping them and liable for prosecution.

> this is not, not, free....

Indeed.

> new IP/host to connect to:
> trainingzone.getmyip.com at port 2033   so, the command is:
> telnet trainingzone.getmyip.com 2033
> If there are issues, please, contact me.

Yes, the first issue is the use of telnet, which has been deprecated
for the past several years because it is insecure; see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telnet#Security

I am concerned that your server may help pirates send spam or viruses
to me and I am considering legal action.  Opening root access to a
server over telnet is irresponsible and almost criminal.  If you are
the computer expert you say you are, you know this perfectly well.

--
Ludovic Brenta.