From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: PAIP
Francogrex <······@grex.org> writes:

> Is this one of the most difficult CL books to read or what? [...]

What.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__

From: Eric Wong
Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:

> Francogrex <······@grex.org> writes:
>
>> Is this one of the most difficult CL books to read or what? [...]
>
> What.

I think He's talking about a book named "PAIP", of which I have never heard.
From: Kojak
Le Sun, 15 Mar 2009 13:56:39 +0800,
Eric Wong a écrit :

> I think He's talking about a book named "PAIP", of which I have never
> heard.

PAIP is the acronym of

    "Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming".

A book von Peter Norvig.

--
Jacques.
From: gary.schiltz
On Mar 15, 12:56 am, Eric Wong <······@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
> > Francogrex <······@grex.org> writes:
>
> >> Is this one of the most difficult CL books to read or what? [...]
>
> > What.
>
> I think He's talking about a book named "PAIP", of which I have never heard.

I think you missed the pun: although not the original author's
intention, the question could be viewed as an affirmative statement,
consisting of the exclusive or'ed choice between two alternatives (XOR
"PAIP is one of the most difficult CL books to read" "What"), and
Pascal asserted that since the first clause was so obviously false,
then to make the overall statement true, then the second clause
("What.") must be true.
From: Kenneth Tilton
Eric Wong wrote:
> Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
>
>> Francogrex <······@grex.org> writes:
>>
>>> Is this one of the most difficult CL books to read or what? [...]
>> What.
>>
> I think He's talking about a book named "PAIP", of which I have never heard.

Note the absence of a ? in the response "What.". The author of that mot
was opting for the only grammatically alternate response offered by the
original question as a clever way of rejecting the first.

kt