From: William Halliburton
Subject: comp.lang.lisp archive
I have been searching long for a downloadable archive of
comp.lang.lisp. The one at

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/news/lisp/0.html

stops in 1997.

The Lisp FAQ points to some nonexistent servers.

Any ideas? Thank you.

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: comp.lang.lisp archive
William Halliburton <············@gmail.com> writes:

> I have been searching long for a downloadable archive of
> comp.lang.lisp. The one at
>
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/news/lisp/0.html
>
> stops in 1997.
>
> The Lisp FAQ points to some nonexistent servers.
>
> Any ideas? Thank you.

Google.  Yes, I know it's not "downloadable"...  Just "scrappable".

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Jun 23, 3:31 pm, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> William Halliburton <············@gmail.com> writes:
> > I have been searching long for a downloadable archive of
> > comp.lang.lisp. The one at
>
> >http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/news/...
>
> > stops in 1997.
>
> > The Lisp FAQ points to some nonexistent servers.
>
> > Any ideas? Thank you.
>
> Google.  Yes, I know it's not "downloadable"...  Just "scrappable".
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__

I think this is actually quite hard. Even with normal use, as a human,
I get a couple of CAPTCHAs thrown at me daily.
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Lars Rune N�stdal <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jun 23, 3:31�pm, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
> wrote:
>> William Halliburton <············@gmail.com> writes:
>> > I have been searching long for a downloadable archive of
>> > comp.lang.lisp. The one at
>>
>> >http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/news/...
>>
>> > stops in 1997.
>>
>> > The Lisp FAQ points to some nonexistent servers.
>>
>> > Any ideas? Thank you.
>>
>> Google. �Yes, I know it's not "downloadable"... �Just "[scrapable]".
>
> I think this is actually quite hard. Even with normal use, as a human,
> I get a couple of CAPTCHAs thrown at me daily.

I never saw any captcha on group.google.com...

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
From: Zach Beane
···@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:

> I never saw any captcha on group.google.com...

Perhaps there's a heuristic. They certaintly try to make it difficult
for nonhuman clients to fetch data.

Zach
From: ACL
On Jun 24, 5:36 am, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> Lars Rune Nøstdal <···········@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > On Jun 23, 3:31 pm, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
> > wrote:

> >> Google.  Yes, I know it's not "downloadable"...  Just "[scrapable]".
>
> > I think this is actually quite hard. Even with normal use, as a human,
> > I get a couple of CAPTCHAs thrown at me daily.
>
> I never saw any captcha on group.google.com...
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__

It is dependent on how long you have had your account for google
groups.
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Jun 24, 10:07 pm, ACL <··················@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 24, 5:36 am, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
> wrote:
>

> > Lars Rune Nøstdal <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> > > I think this is actually quite hard. Even with normal use, as a human,
> > > I get a couple of CAPTCHAs thrown at me daily.
>
> > I never saw any captcha on group.google.com...
>
> > --
> > __Pascal Bourguignon__
>
> It is dependent on how long you have had your account for google
> groups.

That does seem reasonable, but I've had this one since 2005.
From: Alain Picard
···@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:

> William Halliburton <············@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Any ideas? Thank you.
>
> Google.  Yes, I know it's not "downloadable"...  Just "scrappable".

I think the word you're looking for is "scrapable".
Although, in retrospect, your misspelling, if such it
was, may in fact be entirely appropriate.  :-)