From: Robert Uhl
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Fedora RPMs for Lisp libraries
For anyone interested, I have created RPMs for Fedora 11 available at
<http://yum.octopodial-chrome.com/11/RPMS/>.  An easy way to configure
Yum is to download the octopodial-chrome RPM in that directory; it will
install a signing key and Yum repo information.

The software is all in Works For Me(TM) condition; please holler if you
have any problems.

Of particular note are SLIME, Hunchentoot, CLSQL & McCLIM packages: yes,
all you have to do in order to get McCLIM working on the latest version
of Fedora is simply run 'yum install cl-mcclim'.

If someone would like to assist me in creating more backends for CLSQL
(right now, only PostgreSQL is available), please feel free.

These packages are currently available:

o cl-alexandria
o cl-babel
o clbase64
o cl-bordeaux-threads
o cl-cffi
o cl-chunga
o cl-fad
o cl-flexi-streams
o cl-flexichain
o cl-hunchentoot
o cl-ironclad
o cl-mcclim
o cl-md5
o cl-parse-number
o cl-ppcre
o cl-rfc2388
o cl-spatial-trees
o cl-split-sequence
o cl-sql-backend-postgresql
o cl-ssl
o cl-swank
o cl-trivial-features
o cl-trivial-gray-streams
o cl-usocket
o cl-who
o cl-x
o emacs-common-slime
o emacs-slime
o emacs-slime-el
o octopodial-chrome
o xemacs-slime
o xemacs-slime-el

Please drop me a line with any issues you have, and with suggestions and
requests for more libraries.

--
> There's a point to XML?
(:advocacy "Sure.  The point is to make it clear that S-expressions would have
been a better choice.")
                                          --Steve VanDevender & Garret Wollman

From: Robert Uhl
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Fedora RPMs for Lisp libraries
I'm a bit of a moron and didn't have the DNS entry for
yum.octopodial-chrome.com published to the rest of the world when I
posted this.  Anyway, it's been up and running since Friday.

I've added cl-closure-common, cl-cxml, cl-gzip-stream, cl-puri and
cl-salza2.

Would folks be offended if I posted once a month with a list of new
and total packages?

In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows
upgrades can NOT be deducted as a gambling loss.     --seen on Slashdot
From: Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
Robert Uhl wrote:
> I'm a bit of a moron and didn't have the DNS entry for
> yum.octopodial-chrome.com published to the rest of the world when I
> posted this.  Anyway, it's been up and running since Friday.
>
> I've added cl-closure-common, cl-cxml, cl-gzip-stream, cl-puri and
> cl-salza2.
>
> Would folks be offended if I posted once a month with a list of new
> and total packages?

I would not mind seeing it updated.

I have YellowDog installed on my PS3 (A PPC/PPC64 arch), but I'm
thinking of moving to Fedora, because of the newer GLIBC that certain
packages require (well honestly recompiling ClozureCL was enough to get
it working, but there are other things that bother me in that distro).