From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: CLHS firefox search plugin
I know I could make my own, but does anyone know of a good one to save
me even that minimal bit of work.  I used to have one but some upgrade
has caused it to rot (and the mycroft one searches an extinct
domain...)

Thanks

From: Thomas M. Hermann
Subject: Re: CLHS firefox search plugin
Tim Bradshaw wrote:
> I know I could make my own, but does anyone know of a good one to save
> me even that minimal bit of work.  I used to have one but some upgrade
> has caused it to rot (and the mycroft one searches an extinct
> domain...)
>
> Thanks

There are 3. The first 2 can be found by searching Mycroft for lisp

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-engines.html?name=lisp

That will get you one using Google and one using http://lispdoc.com/ . I
use lispdoc because it also searches several other references.

The final engine is for http://l1sp.org/ .

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-engines.html?name=l1sp

I made it when the lispdoc site was down. l1sp.org provides basically
the same results as lispdoc, just not as pretty.

Hope that helps,

Tom
From: Tamas K Papp
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 05:21:14 -0700, Tim Bradshaw wrote:

> I know I could make my own, but does anyone know of a good one to save
> me even that minimal bit of work.  I used to have one but some upgrade
> has caused it to rot (and the mycroft one searches an extinct domain...)
>
> Thanks

I use

http://lispdoc.com/

which searches the hyperspec, among other things.  Has a FF plugin.

Tamas
From: Mirko
On Jun 17, 8:26 am, Tamas K Papp <······@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 05:21:14 -0700, Tim Bradshaw wrote:
> > I know I could make my own, but does anyone know of a good one to save
> > me even that minimal bit of work.  I used to have one but some upgrade
> > has caused it to rot (and the mycroft one searches an extinct domain...)
>
> > Thanks
>
> I use
>
> http://lispdoc.com/
>
> which searches the hyperspec, among other things.  Has a FF plugin.
>
> Tamas

Oh, this is sweet.  Now I added another 50 years to learn the darn
language.
From: Tim Bradshaw
On Jun 17, 1:26 pm, Tamas K Papp <······@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://lispdoc.com/
>
> which searches the hyperspec, among other things.  Has a FF plugin.

Thanks!

--tim
From: Paul Donnelly
Tim Bradshaw <··········@tfeb.org> writes:

> I know I could make my own, but does anyone know of a good one to save
> me even that minimal bit of work.  I used to have one but some upgrade
> has caused it to rot (and the mycroft one searches an extinct
> domain...)

I use Yubnub (yubnub.org) with the clhs command (when I'm not doing it
from Emacs), so I don't have to have a different search plugin for every
site I search.
From: Thomas M. Hermann
Paul Donnelly wrote:
> Tim Bradshaw <··········@tfeb.org> writes:
>
>> I know I could make my own, but does anyone know of a good one to save
>> me even that minimal bit of work.  I used to have one but some upgrade
>> has caused it to rot (and the mycroft one searches an extinct
>> domain...)
>
> I use Yubnub (yubnub.org) with the clhs command (when I'm not doing it
> from Emacs), so I don't have to have a different search plugin for every
> site I search.

Yubnub is nice. I think we have a winner.

Thanks,

Tom