From: Matthew McPherrin
Subject: Symbolics Lisp Machine - XL1200
Hello,

I've recently aquired a Symbolics XL1200 Lisp machine.  I didn't get a
video cable with it, or manuals.  I was hoping somebody somewhere might
have some information that might be useful to me.  Manuals are my prize
goal, but even somebody who's used one of these machines, or even just
a direction to look for more information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt McPherrin
University of Waterloo Computer Science Club

From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: Symbolics Lisp Machine - XL1200
On Jun 6, 10:26 am, Matthew McPherrin
> I've recently aquired a Symbolics XL1200 Lisp machine.  I didn't get a
> video cable with it, or manuals.

I'm pretty sure that an XL1200 (or, really, any of the machines other
than the UX* ones and the NXP1000) will need a proper Symbolics
console to use it, so you'll need to find one of those.
From: ······@lisp.de
On 6 Jun., 19:12, Tim Bradshaw <··········@tfeb.org> wrote:
> On Jun 6, 10:26 am, Matthew McPherrin
>
> > I've recently aquired a Symbolics XL1200 Lisp machine.  I didn't get a
> > video cable with it, or manuals.
>
> I'm pretty sure that an XL1200 (or, really, any of the machines other
> than the UX* ones and the NXP1000) will need a proper Symbolics
> console to use it, so you'll need to find one of those.

Unless you have a color graphics board and one of these:

http://www.asl.dsl.pipex.com/symbolics/photos/IO/console-box.html
From: Matt McPherrin
From: Raymond Wiker
Matthew McPherrin <········@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently aquired a Symbolics XL1200 Lisp machine.  I didn't get a
> video cable with it, or manuals.  I was hoping somebody somewhere might
> have some information that might be useful to me.  Manuals are my prize
> goal, but even somebody who's used one of these machines, or even just
> a direction to look for more information would be greatly appreciated.

	Nice catch :-)

        There are some manuals available at
http://bitsavers.org/pdf/symbolics/ - even a document about the XL
series.