From: Elvis Nguyen
Subject: Unable to load OpenGL libraries when installs cl-glfw
Hi everyone,

I am installing cl-glfw to develop with OpenGL. I don't know which
libraries we should install firstly. Because there is an error:
Unable to load any of the alternatives:
   ((:FRAMEWORK #1="OpenGL") "opengl32.dll" (:DEFAULT "libGL")
    (:DEFAULT "opengl") (:DEFAULT "opengl32") (:DEFAULT "GL")
    (:DEFAULT "gl") (:DEFAULT "libOpenGL") (:DEFAULT #1#))
   [Condition of type CFFI:LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-ERROR]

I installed OpenGL libraries via synaptic. It is really difficult to
know the library which a package needs.

I hope the lispers will give me a hand.

Thanks and best regards,

From: Robert Uhl
Elvis Nguyen <·······@gmail.com> writes:

> I am installing cl-glfw to develop with OpenGL. I don't know which
> libraries we should install firstly. Because there is an error:
> Unable to load any of the alternatives:
>    ((:FRAMEWORK #1="OpenGL") "opengl32.dll" (:DEFAULT "libGL")
>     (:DEFAULT "opengl") (:DEFAULT "opengl32") (:DEFAULT "GL")
>     (:DEFAULT "gl") (:DEFAULT "libOpenGL") (:DEFAULT #1#))
>    [Condition of type CFFI:LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-ERROR]
>
> I installed OpenGL libraries via synaptic. It is really difficult to
> know the library which a package needs.

ls -l /usr/lib/libGL*

I bet there's only libGL.so.1 or libGL.so.1.2 and no libGL.so...

--
Robert A. Uhl
It can be difficult to translate into iptables the artistic intent of a
From: Elvis Nguyen
On Jul 14, 11:53 pm, Robert Uhl <·········@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> Elvis Nguyen <·······@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am installing cl-glfw to develop with OpenGL. I don't know which
> > libraries we should install firstly. Because there is an error:
> > Unable to load any of the alternatives:
> >    ((:FRAMEWORK #1="OpenGL") "opengl32.dll" (:DEFAULT "libGL")
> >     (:DEFAULT "opengl") (:DEFAULT "opengl32") (:DEFAULT "GL")
> >     (:DEFAULT "gl") (:DEFAULT "libOpenGL") (:DEFAULT #1#))
> >    [Condition of type CFFI:LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-ERROR]
>
> > I installed OpenGL libraries via synaptic. It is really difficult to
> > know the library which a package needs.
>
> ls -l /usr/lib/libGL*
>
> I bet there's only libGL.so.1 or libGL.so.1.2 and no libGL.so...
>
> --
> Robert A. Uhl
> It can be difficult to translate into iptables the artistic intent of a
> pf rule that says 'pass out quick on $cheap_gin.'
>                               --Anthony de Boer

Ok, I have just fixed the issue.

Generally, we can configure like this:
$ cd /usr/local/lib
$ sudo ln -s libglfw.so libglfw.so.2.6

I sure that it runs well.
From: Robert Uhl
Elvis Nguyen <·······@gmail.com> writes:

>> ls -l /usr/lib/libGL*
>>
>> I bet there's only libGL.so.1 or libGL.so.1.2 and no libGL.so...
>>
>> --
>> Robert A. Uhl
>> It can be difficult to translate into iptables the artistic intent of a
>> pf rule that says 'pass out quick on $cheap_gin.'
>>                               --Anthony de Boer
>
> Ok, I have just fixed the issue.
>
> Generally, we can configure like this:
> $ cd /usr/local/lib
> $ sudo ln -s libglfw.so libglfw.so.2.6
>
> I sure that it runs well.

I've seen this problem repeatedly with CL interfaces to C libraries; I
suspect that CFFI or UFFI or the implementations should have better
logic for guessing which library to load.

--
Robert A. Uhl
No Sane man will dance.  --Cicero
From: Luís Oliveira
Robert Uhl <·········@NOSPAMgmail.com> writes:

> I've seen this problem repeatedly with CL interfaces to C libraries; I
> suspect that CFFI or UFFI or the implementations should have better
> logic for guessing which library to load.

The library developer should specify the major version of the
library. If anything, perhaps CFFI should warn if one doesn't.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/
From: Elvis Nguyen
> The library developer should specify the major version of the
> library. If anything, perhaps CFFI should warn if one doesn't.

I also agree with you. A difficulty to develop open source is
documentation. If so, we should build a better documentation. It will
help developer much more in solving bugs.