From: Seamus MacRae
Subject: OT
Flash� wrote another off-topic crosspost:
> 	I posted to report a problem. Later I posted to
> 	request clarification why one user was
>  	apparently notified of an impending downtime of
> 	a service while others were not. After that, I
> 	found many people making erroneous statements
>  	about me in public, which needed to be
>  	corrected for the record.
>
> Mister MacRAE, Sir.
> Your critique as ordered, Sir.

I didn't order any critique, and if you mean to imply that I am somehow
responsible for your choosing to cross-post this missive to a large
number of irrelevant newsgroups, let it be known that I am not. You are.

(Indeed, far from being its cause, I will set f'ups on this post to a
more appropriate group in an effort to discourage this pollution.)

> Where you do not wish to be ridiculed for making
> preposterous statements
> Where you fail to do this small thing
> then naming you a liar.
[and so on, and so on, and so on in a similar vein]

Sir, I am none of those things, a liar, a failure, worthy of ridicule,
or any of the numerous other things you insinuated.

You, however, are a liar and a troll.

I shall now address a few points from the remainder of your post, having
above disposed of that large portion of it that consists of namecalling
rather than meaningful argumentation.

> You, Sir, posted a software problem of your making

This is a lie. The problem was not "of my making". It occurred
spontaneously.

> to the free news server group

What goes on there is not relevant to any of the newsgroups you just
crossposted to. Idiot.

> Not to be outdone, as it were, you then interrupted a
> discussion between the resident <afn> VI and Ray Banana

This is clearly nonsense. Besides the fact that "resident<afn>VI" is not
meaningful English, there's the minor matter of its being impossible to
interrupt a discussion on usenet. It's not like talking in person or
over the phone, where it's real-time and audio.

> You are being dealt with at a different level only because
> of the _way_ you started. You came armed, ready to do
> battle.

Apparently with good reason. With your every post like this one you
further demonstrate that my choice to do so was the correct one.

> Many quickly picked up on that attitude.
> Lenny Nero, Solomon Grundy, Platarse, Snipe, being
> just a few to quickly grasp your intent.

Here, you err. You assume that my *intent* was therefore to do battle.
It was not. I merely came prepared for battle in case there was one.
There was, but only because someone else (phlatArse) decided to pick a
fight with me.

Police carry guns. Would you assume from that that they intend to start
gunfights wherever they go? As a rule, their guns are there in case
someone ELSE starts a gunfight, so they can defend themselves, and also
as a deterrence to violence being initiated in their presence in the
first place.

> I have found you have been expunged, handed negative voice,
> or at best, ignored

Undeservedly.

> Historically those of such isolated disposition gravitate
> towards Usenet, having been TOSd from
> ISPs for that malcontent activity.

This insinuation that I have had accounts revoked or have black marks on
my record is a complete and utter lie.

> Today Usenet access is shrinking. This will impact on
> persons such as yourself, just as the denial of NNTP service
> from your ISP has forced you to service your need for
> vitriol.. from Usenet forums.

I have no need for vitriol. In fact right now there seems to be a
general surplus of the stuff.

> You, Sir, bring with you a borked piece of software

I do not.

> a misinformed predisposition you can take legal action

I do not. Most countries have laws regarding libel, the publishing in
writing of false and defaming statements about another. Your claim to
the contrary is erroneous.

> an excitement to harass NSP administrators with spurious
> complaints

Nonsense.

> Mister MacRAE, Sir.
> Give up the lies.

I never started. You are the liar.

> Cease with the pretended umbrage.

I pretend nothing. The umbrage I took at your behavior was quite
genuine, I assure you.

> Obtain and learn to use Usenet specific software.

You have apparently mistaken me for a Google Groups user.

> Move on to use Usenet as it was intended.

I will, just as soon as I have the opportunity to do so. Right now
though I'm rather busy correcting errors about me in the public record.
Once those errors are corrected, and nobody's busy making more such
errors, I will be able to devote more attention to other things.

> Achieve those things and <auk> has again done
> you a favour, bigtime!

You have done nobody any favors. You have lied and libeled at least one
man, trolled by spawning threads with inflammatory posts cross-posted
into multiple newsgroups in none of which they are on topic, and
generally been a lout and a boor, and your compatriots from kookland
have behaved equally egregiously, mostly committing the exact same sins
against Usenet. Also tending to share your hypocrisy in accusing ME of
sins against Usenet even while it is YOU who:

1. Starts new crossposted off-topic threads incessantly.
2. Flames and libels.
3. Adds more irrelevant newsgroups when replying to preexisting threads.

and I who:

1. Does not start off-topic threads at all.
2. Does not libel and very rarely flames, and only then in response to
    having been flamed.
3. Sets followups when replying to crossposted OT threads, and
    furthermore, only replies to such when it's necessary to correct
    egregious errors that might otherwise mislead an unsuspecting reader.

The contrast couldn't be more extreme between me, an upstanding netizen,
and you, a rabble of uncultured ignorami with no respect for other
people, newsgroup topic bounds, or bandwidth.