From: Elvis Nguyen
Subject: Error compiling cells-gtk
Hello all,

I meet a guide to setup cells-gtk from
http://www.washbear-network.de/peterblog/getting-started-with-cells-gtk/.
I am appreciated this tutorial. During compiling, I have tried to do
very carefully. But I compile step by step:
(require 'cells)
(require 'gtk-ffi)

Below is the error:
erred while invoking #<COMPILE-OP NIL {C0FF871}> on
#<CL-SOURCE-FILE "gtk-threads" {A8DE591}>
   [Condition of type ASDF:COMPILE-FAILED]

I hope that receiving your help as soon as possile.

Thank in advance.

From: Kenneth Tilton
Subject: Re: Error compiling cells-gtk
Elvis Nguyen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I meet a guide to setup cells-gtk from
> http://www.washbear-network.de/peterblog/getting-started-with-cells-gtk/.
> I am appreciated this tutorial. During compiling, I have tried to do
> very carefully. But I compile step by step:
> (require 'cells)
> (require 'gtk-ffi)
>
> Below is the error:
> erred while invoking #<COMPILE-OP NIL {C0FF871}> on
> #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "gtk-threads" {A8DE591}>
>    [Condition of type ASDF:COMPILE-FAILED]

Unfortunately that error is ASDF (the build tool) saying rather
uselessly that that source file had a compilation error, and that is the
error you have to find in the mess of output created by ASDF. So if you
can re-run look for the earlier error (not anything from ASDF).

No harm posting issues here, but you really should also try the
cells-gtk list.

hth,kt
From: Robert Uhl
Elvis Nguyen <·······@gmail.com> writes:

> I meet a guide to setup cells-gtk from
> http://www.washbear-network.de/peterblog/getting-started-with-cells-gtk/.
> I am appreciated this tutorial. During compiling, I have tried to do
> very carefully. But I compile step by step:
> (require 'cells)
> (require 'gtk-ffi)
>
> Below is the error:
> erred while invoking #<COMPILE-OP NIL {C0FF871}> on
> #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "gtk-threads" {A8DE591}>
>    [Condition of type ASDF:COMPILE-FAILED]
>
> I hope that receiving your help as soon as possile.

Some further examination reveals the cells-gtk creates symbols in the
keyword package which annoys CFFI.  I've posted to the SBCL mailing list
for a possible fix which might help you on CLISP too.

--
Robert A. Uhl
Heh.. my ex didn't cook when I met her.  She eyed my cookbook collection