From: Boris Šipoš
Subject: Framework (frames knowledge representation) documentation?
Does anybody know where can I find some help and documentation
regarding Framework besides stuff at CMU site
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/areas/kr/systems/frames/
?

I've been searching for quite some time but no luck...

From: Rainer Joswig
In article
<····································@e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
 Boris S�ipo <···········@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know where can I find some help and documentation
> regarding Framework besides stuff at CMU site
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/areas/kr/systems/frames/
> ?
>
> I've been searching for quite some time but no luck...

What are you looking for? The source contains documentation.
It mentions as an inspiration the FRL manual, which
you can get from the MIT CSAIL publications pages.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Boris �ipo� <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anybody know where can I find some help and documentation
> regarding Framework besides stuff at CMU site
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/areas/kr/systems/frames/
> ?
>
> I've been searching for quite some time but no luck...

You might have better luck by searching for frames instead of
frameworks.  You could have guessed that if there are two different
words, it's because there are two different things.

Then, to improve your luck, you can notice that in the url above, AI
has two occurences.  So if you search for: artificial intelligence
frames, that should give good results.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
From: ······@corporate-world.lisp.de
On Jan 26, 10:52 pm, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> Boris ¦ipo¨ <···········@gmail.com> writes:
> > Does anybody know where can I find some help and documentation
> > regarding Framework besides stuff at CMU site
> >http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/areas/kr/system...
> > ?
>
> > I've been searching for quite some time but no luck...
>
> You might have better luck by searching for frames instead of
> frameworks.  You could have guessed that if there are two different
> words, it's because there are two different things.
>
> Then, to improve your luck, you can notice that in the url above, AI
> has two occurences.  So if you search for: artificial intelligence
> frames, that should give good results.
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__

'Framework' is a simple Frame system written in Common Lisp. It is
written by Mark Kantrowitz and can be
downloaded from above link.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/areas/kr/systems/frames/framewrk/0.html

  FrameWork is a Common Lisp portable frame-based knowledge
representation language. It combines some of the better features of a
variety of other frame languages. It includes a variety of tools for
building, examining, and using knowledge-based systems. It is intended
primarily to be a solid example of how such a system could be built.
FrameWork is easily extended. Features include generic demons (active
values) & procedural attachment, object-oriented programming with
attribute and behavior inheritance in an associative network (methods
and message passing), cached values, default values, listener, object
database maintenance utilities.
From: GP lisper
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:52:46 +0100, <···@informatimago.com> wrote:

> Then, to improve your luck, you can notice that in the url above, AI
> has two occurences.  So if you search for: artificial intelligence
> frames, that should give good results.

"artificial intelligence frames lisp" is 200k hits

--
Lisp : a multi-fetish language