From: Xah Lee
Subject: syntax color lang source code in blogs or website
For those of you using emacs, here's the elisp code that allows you to
syntax color computer language source code in your blog or website.

http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_htmlize.html

to comment, here:
http://xahlee.blogspot.com/2009/01/dehtmlize-source-code-in-emacs-lisp.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄

From: Cliff MacGillivray
Xah Lee wrote:
> For those of you using emacs, here's the elisp code that allows you to
> syntax color computer language source code in your blog or website.
>
> http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_htmlize.html
>
> to comment, here:
> http://xahlee.blogspot.com/2009/01/dehtmlize-source-code-in-emacs-lisp.html
Xah,
Very nice!
If nothing else you seem to be a pretty clever programmer.
Indeed, you seem to understand more theoretical aspects than
most simple minded software developers.
I am not sure why you live out of your car?
Has that situation changed at all? Are you working right now?
From: Tim Greer
Cliff MacGillivray wrote:

> Xah Lee wrote:
>> For those of you using emacs, here's the elisp code that allows you
>> to syntax color computer language source code in your blog or
>> website.
>>
>> http:/........
>>
>> to comment, here:
>> http://.......
> Xah,
> Very nice!
> If nothing else you seem to be a pretty clever programmer.
> Indeed, you seem to understand more theoretical aspects than
> most simple minded software developers.
> I am not sure why you live out of your car?
> Has that situation changed at all? Are you working right now?

Please don't encourage this guy.  He posts to groups purely to try and
tell everyone how smart he thinks he is (regardless of how wrong he
usually is), and argues and uses vulgar language to anyone that asks
him to stop posting in non relevent news groups.  He seems to have
selected the Python and Perl groups to regularly post to, even when his
posts rarely to never have any relation to said groups.  Please, do not
encourage his behavior.  Thanks.
and Custom Hosting.  24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
From: David Combs
In article <·····················@newsfe10.iad>,
Tim Greer  <···@burlyhost.com> wrote:
>Cliff MacGillivray wrote:
>
>> Xah Lee wrote:
>>> For those of you using emacs, here's the elisp code that allows you
>>> to syntax color computer language source code in your blog or
>>> website.
>>>
>>> http:/........
>>>
>>> to comment, here:
>>> http://.......
>> Xah,
>> Very nice!
>> If nothing else you seem to be a pretty clever programmer.
>> Indeed, you seem to understand more theoretical aspects than
>> most simple minded software developers.
>> I am not sure why you live out of your car?
>> Has that situation changed at all? Are you working right now?
>
>Please don't encourage this guy.  He posts to groups purely to try and
>tell everyone how smart he thinks he is (regardless of how wrong he
>usually is), and argues and uses vulgar language to anyone that asks

But still, it'd be interesting to know, if indeed he IS living out
of his car, WHY he is.

And, what KIND of car?  Trablant?  Stretch-limo?  Railroad car?

David
From: Lorenzo Bettini
Xah Lee wrote:
> For those of you using emacs, here's the elisp code that allows you to
> syntax color computer language source code in your blog or website.
>
> http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_htmlize.html

may I suggest also this one: http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net