From: Jon Harrop
Subject: Re: Making Lisp popular - can it be done?
André Thieme wrote:
> And also Microsoft is now planning to lay off some thousand employees.
> It will probably not the 15.000 about some blogs talked at first, but
> still enough.

The rumors set the date 15th Jan which has now been and gone and, AFAICT,
Microsoft have not done any significant lay offs at all. In fact, they
posted an impressive 12% growth for Q4 (given the current climate).

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?u

From: Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
On Jan 21, 1:12 pm, Jon Harrop <····@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> André Thieme wrote:
> > And also Microsoft is now planning to lay off some thousand employees.
> > It will probably not the 15.000 about some blogs talked at first, but
> > still enough.
>
> The rumors set the date 15th Jan which has now been and gone and, AFAICT,
> Microsoft have not done any significant lay offs at all. In fact, they
> posted an impressive 12% growth for Q4 (given the current climate).
>
> --
> Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy Ltd.http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?u

And today they slashed 5000 people, I have a lot of friends there
though, I hope they are not affected...
From: Jon Harrop
Dimiter "malkia" Stanev wrote:
> And today they slashed 5000 people...

No, they only slashed 1,400 and said they intended to reduce headcount by up
to 5,000 over the next 18 months. So the rumors were not even order of
magnitude accurate.

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?u
From: Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
Jon Harrop wrote:
> Dimiter "malkia" Stanev wrote:
>> And today they slashed 5000 people...
>
> No, they only slashed 1,400 and said they intended to reduce headcount by up
> to 5,000 over the next 18 months. So the rumors were not even order of
> magnitude accurate.

True... But that's only today....