From: aaronla
Subject: Re: Common LISP tutorials
On Jan 20, 2:28 pm, pereges <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an good beginner tutorials (online) to Lisp ?
>
> I also have paul graham's  book on lisp.

On the topic of other intro books, I've been having success learning
with Practical Common Lisp, available online by author:

    http://gigamonkeys.com/book/

And of course, the first thing to learn is that Lisp is a *family* of
languages, not just one Language.  Both those books are Common Lisp.

Scheme is the next most common, and for that, I'm reading "Teach
yourself Scheme in fixnum days" -- it's very lighthearted and
interactive.

    http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html

And there's the HyperSpec for Common Lisp.  Can anyone recommend a
good reference for Scheme of the same caliber?
From: Marek Kubica
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:18:54 -0800 (PST)
aaronla <·······@ra3s.com> wrote:

>     http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html
>
> And there's the HyperSpec for Common Lisp.  Can anyone recommend a
> good reference for Scheme of the same caliber?

How about the R5RS spec? It is maybe not the most common, but IMHO a
good starting point if you want a CL-like-spec.

<http://www.schemers.org/Documents/Standards/R5RS/>

regards,
Marek