From: Ritchie
Subject: no slime-repl buffer
Hi,
I'm trying to set up slime to play with lisp, but I couldn't get the
slime-repl buffer to show up. After slime-connect, there is not slime-
repl buffer, in the *slime-events* it has the following message:

==========================
(:emacs-
rex
 (swank:connection-
info)
 nil t
1)
(:indentation-
update
 (("with-locked-hash-table" .
1)
  ("with-unlocked-packages" .
1)
  ("with-timeout" .
1)
  ("without-package-locks" .
0)
  ("define-source-context" .
2)
  ("with-unique-names" .
1)
  ("defun-cached" .
2)
  ("with-sane-io-syntax" .
0)
  ("once-only" .
1)
  ("with-rebound-io-syntax" .
0)
  ("defmacro-mundanely" .
2)
  ("awhen" .
1)
  ("define-function-name-syntax" .
2)
  ("dohash" .
1)
  ("named-lambda" .
2)
  ("dovector" .
1)
  ("binding*" .
1)
  ("with-float-traps-masked" .
1)
  ("named-let" .
2)
  ("do-info" .
1)
  ...))
(:return

(:ok
   (:pid 23250 :style :fd-handler :lisp-
implementation
         (:type "SBCL" :name "sbcl" :version
"1.0.17")
         :machine
         (:instance "CARRERA" :type "X86" :version
nil)
         :features
         (:sb-bsd-sockets-addrinfo :asdf :ansi-cl :common-
lisp :sbcl :sb-doc :sb-test :sb-ldb :s\
b-package-locks :sb-unicode :sb-eval :sb-source-locations :ieee-
floating-point :x86 :unix :mach-\
o :bsd :darwin :mach-exception-handler :sb-
lutex ...)
         :modules
         ("SB-CLTL2" "SB-POSIX" "SB-INTROSPECT" "SB-BSD-SOCKETS" "SB-
GROVEL" "ASDF")
         :package
         (:name "COMMON-LISP-USER" :prompt "CL-
USER")
         :version
"2009-01-09"))

1)

I don't know what went wrong, I was doing exactly the same thing a few
months ago on a different machine following the same instruction and
it all worked out. Here is the configuration of my system:

Emacs: Carbon Emacs on OS X 10.5
Lisp:     SBCL 1.0.17
Slime :  latest CVS version

The way I started the swank server is:
==============================
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :swank)
(swank:create-server)
==============================

I don't see anybody is complaining the same problem on the net, so
it's probably a stupid mistake. Hopefully, someone can at least give
me a hint.

Thank you

Ritchie

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: no slime-repl buffer
Ritchie <··········@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't see anybody is complaining the same problem on the net, so
> it's probably a stupid mistake. Hopefully, someone can at least give
> me a hint.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/8128

  -T.
From: Ritchie