From: Anthony
Subject: Video library?
I'm looking for a Lisp library (or something that I can FFI-bind to)
that I can use to programatically output video files, preferably with
sound.  I want to be able to write the video frame by frame, drawing
each frame with some kind of graphics library like CL-GD.  Does anyone
have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Anthony

From: Kenneth Tilton
Subject: Re: Video library?
Anthony wrote:
> I'm looking for a Lisp library (or something that I can FFI-bind to)
> that I can use to programatically output video files, preferably with
> sound.  I want to be able to write the video frame by frame, drawing
> each frame with some kind of graphics library like CL-GD.  Does anyone
> have any recommendations?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Anthony

If you can find bindings to Image/GraphicsMagick you can build video.
There is enough in my Cello project to get you going and I think I heard
of another set somewhere.

For playback, I had initial success going thru Tcl/Tk which has a
QuickTime Plugin. Thus LTk should work as well with sufficient glue.

Meanwhile, seem like cl-sdl should handle that, but I have never played
with that.

fwiw,kt
From: Thomas F. Burdick
On 7 jan, 04:03, Kenneth Tilton <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anthony wrote:
> > I'm looking for a Lisp library (or something that I can FFI-bind to)
> > that I can use to programatically output video files, preferably with
> > sound.  I want to be able to write the video frame by frame, drawing
> > each frame with some kind of graphics library like CL-GD.  Does anyone
> > have any recommendations?
>
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> > Anthony
>
> If you can find bindings to Image/GraphicsMagick you can build video.
> There is enough in my Cello project to get you going and I think I heard
> of another set somewhere.
>
> For playback, I had initial success going thru Tcl/Tk which has a
> QuickTime Plugin. Thus LTk should work as well with sufficient glue.

I'm not sure I'd call (load "ltk-quicktime") glue, but if that's how
you want to think of it ... ;-)
From: Kenneth Tilton
Thomas F. Burdick wrote:
> On 7 jan, 04:03, Kenneth Tilton <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anthony wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a Lisp library (or something that I can FFI-bind to)
>>> that I can use to programatically output video files, preferably with
>>> sound.  I want to be able to write the video frame by frame, drawing
>>> each frame with some kind of graphics library like CL-GD.  Does anyone
>>> have any recommendations?
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>> Anthony
>> If you can find bindings to Image/GraphicsMagick you can build video.
>> There is enough in my Cello project to get you going and I think I heard
>> of another set somewhere.
>>
>> For playback, I had initial success going thru Tcl/Tk which has a
>> QuickTime Plugin. Thus LTk should work as well with sufficient glue.
>
> I'm not sure I'd call (load "ltk-quicktime") glue, but if that's how
> you want to think of it ... ;-)

ltk-quicktime /is/ the glue is how I want to think about it. Nice to
hear it got glued.

kt