From: Thomas F. Burdick
Subject: Lisp 50th anniversary
Wednesday, 4 March, marks the 50th anniversary of AIM-8, the memo that
McCarthy wrote describing LISP and its first implementation. This
sounds like a good excuse to organize local celebrations. So inform
your local users groups!

(Anyone in the Paris region who's interested in meeting up on Wed the
4 or belatedly on Friday the 6, send me a mail)

From: Ricardo Bánffy
Subject: Re: Lisp 50th anniversary
On Feb 24, 2:54 pm, "Thomas F. Burdick" <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wednesday, 4 March, marks the 50th anniversary of AIM-8, the memo that
> McCarthy wrote describing LISP and its first implementation. This
> sounds like a good excuse to organize local celebrations. So inform
> your local users groups!
>
> (Anyone in the Paris region who's interested in meeting up on Wed the
> 4 or belatedly on Friday the 6, send me a mail)

I would be delighted, but it's quite a commute from Brazil.

OTOH, if there are other Brazilians around living in São Paulo willing
to celebrate, I'm in.
From: Mirko
On Feb 25, 12:23 pm, Ricardo Bánffy <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2:54 pm, "Thomas F. Burdick" <········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wednesday, 4 March, marks the 50th anniversary of AIM-8, the memo that
> > McCarthy wrote describing LISP and its first implementation. This
> > sounds like a good excuse to organize local celebrations. So inform
> > your local users groups!
>
> > (Anyone in the Paris region who's interested in meeting up on Wed the
> > 4 or belatedly on Friday the 6, send me a mail)
>
> I would be delighted, but it's quite a commute from Brazil.
>
> OTOH, if there are other Brazilians around living in São Paulo willing
> to celebrate, I'm in.

I will shamelessly post a plug to the world-wide cl-user map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114830829398919898492.000461fa38297b8417186&ll=42.689439,-73.836622&spn=276,4785&z=180

Use it to find your local lisper.  You can add yourself (edit the map)
if you have a google account.  If not, ask around for someone to add
you in.

Mirko
From: Kenneth Tilton
Mirko wrote:
> On Feb 25, 12:23 pm, Ricardo B�nffy <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 24, 2:54 pm, "Thomas F. Burdick" <········@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Wednesday, 4 March, marks the 50th anniversary of AIM-8, the memo that
>>> McCarthy wrote describing LISP and its first implementation. This
>>> sounds like a good excuse to organize local celebrations. So inform
>>> your local users groups!
>>> (Anyone in the Paris region who's interested in meeting up on Wed the
>>> 4 or belatedly on Friday the 6, send me a mail)
>> I would be delighted, but it's quite a commute from Brazil.
>>
>> OTOH, if there are other Brazilians around living in S�o Paulo willing
>> to celebrate, I'm in.
>
> I will shamelessly post a plug to the world-wide cl-user map:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114830829398919898492.000461fa38297b8417186&ll=42.689439,-73.836622&spn=276,4785&z=180
>
> Use it to find your local lisper.  You can add yourself (edit the map)
> if you have a google account.  If not, ask around for someone to add
> you in.
>
> Mirko

Does it dump GPS coordinates? I'll need a Travelling Shillster solution
once cells-qx is done so I can hawk it to all the Lisp drinking societies.

kt
From: Mirko
On Feb 25, 5:35 pm, Kenneth Tilton <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mirko wrote:

> >> I would be delighted, but it's quite a commute from Brazil.
>
> >> OTOH, if there are other Brazilians around living in São Paulo willing
> >> to celebrate, I'm in.
>
> > I will shamelessly post a plug to the world-wide cl-user map:
>
> >http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid...
>
> > Use it to find your local lisper.  You can add yourself (edit the map)
> > if you have a google account.  If not, ask around for someone to add
> > you in.
>
> > Mirko
>
> Does it dump GPS coordinates? I'll need a Travelling Shillster solution
> once cells-qx is done so I can hawk it to all the Lisp drinking societies.
>
> kt

Sorry, no clue about GPS coords.

What is cells-qx?