From: Brad Lucier
Subject: PARALLEL/HIGH-PERFORMANCE OBJECT-ORIENTED SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING
There will be a meeting on

PARALLEL/HIGH-PERFORMANCE OBJECT-ORIENTED SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING
(POOSC'09)

http://www.ccs3.lanl.gov/poosc/

and the list of topics made me think that scientific computing in Lisp
would be a good fit for the meeting:

Specific areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

    * alternatives or extensions to mainstream object-oriented
languages (e.g. C++, Java);
    * performance issues and their realized or proposed resolution;
    * issues specific to handling or abstracting parallelism,
including the handling or abstraction of heterogeneous/multicore/
accelerated microarchitectures;
    * higher level languages (e.g. domain specific languages) or their
embedding into OO languages to support parallelism or specific tasks
in scientific computing
    * frameworks and tools for scientific object-oriented computing;
    * proposed or realized solutions to problems hindering acceptance
of object-oriented scientific computing;
    * grand visions (of relevance).

Brad

From: Pascal Costanza
Brad Lucier wrote:
> There will be a meeting on
>
> PARALLEL/HIGH-PERFORMANCE OBJECT-ORIENTED SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING
> (POOSC'09)
>
> http://www.ccs3.lanl.gov/poosc/
>
> and the list of topics made me think that scientific computing in Lisp
> would be a good fit for the meeting:
>
> Specific areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
>
>     * alternatives or extensions to mainstream object-oriented
> languages (e.g. C++, Java);
>     * performance issues and their realized or proposed resolution;
>     * issues specific to handling or abstracting parallelism,
> including the handling or abstraction of heterogeneous/multicore/
> accelerated microarchitectures;
>     * higher level languages (e.g. domain specific languages) or their
> embedding into OO languages to support parallelism or specific tasks
> in scientific computing
>     * frameworks and tools for scientific object-oriented computing;
>     * proposed or realized solutions to problems hindering acceptance
> of object-oriented scientific computing;
>     * grand visions (of relevance).
>
> Brad

This is a nice workshop. Charlotte Herzeel had a paper there last year.
They are actually interested in submissions from Lispers as well.

Pascal

--
ELS'09: http://www.european-lisp-symposium.org/
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: Didier Verna
Pascal Costanza wrote:

> Brad Lucier wrote:
>> There will be a meeting on
>>
>> PARALLEL/HIGH-PERFORMANCE OBJECT-ORIENTED SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING
>> (POOSC'09)
>>
>> http://www.ccs3.lanl.gov/poosc/
>>
>> and the list of topics made me think that scientific computing in Lisp
>> would be a good fit for the meeting:
>>
>> Specific areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
>>
>>     * alternatives or extensions to mainstream object-oriented
>> languages (e.g. C++, Java);
>>     * performance issues and their realized or proposed resolution;
>>     * issues specific to handling or abstracting parallelism,
>> including the handling or abstraction of heterogeneous/multicore/
>> accelerated microarchitectures;
>>     * higher level languages (e.g. domain specific languages) or their
>> embedding into OO languages to support parallelism or specific tasks
>> in scientific computing
>>     * frameworks and tools for scientific object-oriented computing;
>>     * proposed or realized solutions to problems hindering acceptance
>> of object-oriented scientific computing;
>>     * grand visions (of relevance).
>>
>> Brad
>
> This is a nice workshop. Charlotte Herzeel had a paper there last year. They
> are actually interested in submissions from Lispers as well.

  Also, note that it's going to be held on July 7th, that is, the day
after the European Lisp Workshop (CfP in the oven), so people can attend
both events.

--
European Lisp Symposium, May 2009: http://www.european-lisp-symposium.org

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com

EPITA/LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire, 94276 Le Kremlin-Bic�tre, France
Tel. +33 (0)1 44 08 01 85       Fax. +33 (0)1 53 14 59 22