From: William Bruschi
Subject: Trying to install Hunchentoot
Attempting to asdf-install Hunchentoot using SBCL appears to fail because
the site of the required library MD5 is down.

http://files.b9.com/md5/md5-1.8.5.tar.gz

Any suggestions for a workaround?

I do have Hunchentoot installed on another system.  Can I simply copy the
MD5 folder in /usr/local/lib/sbcl/site/ over to my new server?  Currently
I hesitate to do so because of my unfamiliarity with asdf-install.

From: Alexander Lehmann
Subject: Re: Trying to install Hunchentoot
William Bruschi wrote:
> I do have Hunchentoot installed on another system.  Can I simply copy the
> MD5 folder in /usr/local/lib/sbcl/site/ over to my new server?  Currently
> I hesitate to do so because of my unfamiliarity with asdf-install.

If asdf is installed on your new server, too, then yes. You should also not
forget to create the corresponding symbolic link in sbcl/systems.
Also, you might want to delete any .fasl files residing in your new server's
site/md5 directory.
From: William Bruschi
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:08:12 +0100, Alexander Lehmann wrote:

> William Bruschi wrote:
>> I do have Hunchentoot installed on another system.  Can I simply copy
>> the MD5 folder in /usr/local/lib/sbcl/site/ over to my new server?
>> Currently I hesitate to do so because of my unfamiliarity with
>> asdf-install.
>
> If asdf is installed on your new server, too, then yes. You should also
> not forget to create the corresponding symbolic link in sbcl/systems.
> Also, you might want to delete any .fasl files residing in your new
> server's site/md5 directory.

This indeed works!  Thank you