From: ······@gmail.com
Subject: Can you recommend some books for me?
I'm a beginner of Common lisp.
I found the language is fantastic.So I want to learn more about it.
The book I'm reading now is <COMMON LISP:A Gentle Introduction to
Symbolic Computation>.I have to admit that this is a great book. But
sometimes I feel it is bored because its lengthiness.
After this one , I want more further learning about Common Lisp. So
please tell me some books related that you thought  good.
Thank you very much!

From: Pillsy
Subject: Re: Can you recommend some books for me?
On Feb 8, 9:12 pm, ······@gmail.com wrote:
[...]
> After this one , I want more further learning about Common Lisp. So
> please tell me some books related that you thought  good.

There are quite a few good Lisp books out there, but I think the best
choice after Touretzky's book would be Peter Seibel's /Practical
Common Lisp/[1], which covers macros more completely, and also shows
off CLOS to good effect.

Cheers,
Pillsy

[1] http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/
From: Rob Warnock
| please tell me some books related that you thought  good.
+---------------

You'll find a bunch of pointers here:

    http://www.cliki.net/Online%20Tutorial
    http://www.cliki.net/document
    http://www.cliki.net/Practical%20Common%20Lisp
    http://www.cliki.net/PAIP
    http://www.cliki.net/On%20Lisp

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Feb 9, 3:12 am, ······@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm a beginner of Common lisp.
> I found the language is fantastic.So I want to learn more about it.
> The book I'm reading now is <COMMON LISP:A Gentle Introduction to
> Symbolic Computation>.I have to admit that this is a great book. But
> sometimes I feel it is bored because its lengthiness.
> After this one , I want more further learning about Common Lisp. So
> please tell me some books related that you thought  good.
> Thank you very much!
There's a plenty of material, after you finish Touretzky, I would
recommend to continue with:
1. http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/    free as ebook, worth every cent
of the paper edition.
2. On Lisp http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisp.html
3. Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming
4. Object-Oriented Programming in Common Lisp: A Programmer's Guide to
CLOS
5. The Art of the Metaobject Protocol (Paperback)

The great other books worth reading:
Let Over Lambda—50 Years of Lisp
Ansi Common Lisp by Paul Graham
Succesfull Common lisp http://www.psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/contents.html
Loving lisp http://www.markwatson.com/opencontent/
COMMON LISP: An Interactive Approach http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~shapiro/Commonlisp/
Basic Lisp Techniques,  http://www.franz.com/resources/educational_resources/cooper.book.pdf
Lisp by Winston & Horn

There's some nice videos that Franz made available free of charge from
their certification program at http://www.franz.com/services/classes/download.lhtml

cheers
bobi