From: ·······@gmail
Subject: xlisp's clear OOP-demo: turtle.lsp ?

 Years back, I remember being well impressed by xlisp's
 clear OOP-demo's of the [then newish] OOP concepts
 which it handled.    Now I want to use its basic ideas
 to suggest a OOP-concepts-demo for OOP-forth.

 Good work can be used as a basis of further good work ?

 AFAIK the code/s is:
  turtle.lsp   == a nice star-char-stepper OOP-based demo;
  art.lsp == the original 'Byte' article.

I've already wasted half a day googling-in-circles.

Please someone direct me to these source/s
  or even mail to:
  crglur  AT gmail DOT com

=TIA.

From: AJ Rossini
Subject: Re: xlisp's clear OOP-demo: turtle.lsp ?
On Feb 8, 7:38 am, ·······@gmail wrote:
>  Years back, I remember being well impressed by xlisp's
>  clear OOP-demo's of the [then newish] OOP concepts
>  which it handled.    Now I want to use its basic ideas
>  to suggest a OOP-concepts-demo for OOP-forth.
>
>  Good work can be used as a basis of further good work ?
>
>  AFAIK the code/s is:
>   turtle.lsp   == a nice star-char-stepper OOP-based demo;
>   art.lsp == the original 'Byte' article.
>
> I've already wasted half a day googling-in-circles.
>
> Please someone direct me to these source/s
>   or even mail to:
>   crglur  AT gmail DOT com
>
> =TIA.

I've got a partial port of the XLisp prototyping object system within
my current "XLispStat" port of XLisp-Stat to Common Lisp.

See the Common Lisp Stat repository on http://www.GitHub.com/blindglobe
or http://Repo.or.cz/

It's nice, but I've reach the stage where it's more legacy for me (use
of lots of LispStat code) than essential (CLOS has grown on me).
From: ddd
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 02:09:22 -0800 (PST), AJ Rossini <··········@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 8, 7:38�am, ·······@gmail wrote:
>> �Years back, I remember being well impressed by xlisp's
>> �clear OOP-demo's of the [then newish] OOP concepts
>> �which it handled. � �Now I want to use its basic ideas
>> �to suggest a OOP-concepts-demo for OOP-forth.
>>
>> �Good work can be used as a basis of further good work ?
>>
>> �AFAIK the code/s is:
>> � turtle.lsp � == a nice star-char-stepper OOP-based demo;
>> � art.lsp == the original 'Byte' article.
>>
>> I've already wasted half a day googling-in-circles.
>>
>> Please someone direct me to these source/s
>> � or even mail to:
>> � crglur �AT gmail DOT com
>>
>> =TIA.
>
> I've got a partial port of the XLisp prototyping object system within
> my current "XLispStat" port of XLisp-Stat to Common Lisp.
>
> See the Common Lisp Stat repository on http://www.GitHub.com/blindglobe
> or http://Repo.or.cz/
>
> It's nice, but I've reach the stage where it's more legacy for me (use
> of lots of LispStat code) than essential (CLOS has grown on me).

Please be aware of the difference between the xlisp and the lisp-stat object
systems.  The xlisp object system is a class based system, and the lisp-stat
one is a prototype based object system.  They are not source compatible.
From: Peter Hill
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 00:38:13 -0600, ·······@gmail wrote:

> Years back, I remember being well impressed by xlisp's
> clear OOP-demo's of the [then newish] OOP concepts
> which it handled.    Now I want to use its basic ideas
> to suggest a OOP-concepts-demo for OOP-forth.
>
> Good work can be used as a basis of further good work ?
>
> AFAIK the code/s is:
>  turtle.lsp   == a nice star-char-stepper OOP-based demo;
>  art.lsp == the original 'Byte' article.
>
>I've already wasted half a day googling-in-circles.
>
>Please someone direct me to these source/s
>  or even mail to:
>  crglur  AT gmail DOT com
>
>=TIA.

That's a blast from the past. I ran xlisp on Z80 Tatung Einstein about
15 years ago. Also had Dr Logo.
--
Peter Hill
Can of worms - what every fisherman wants.
From: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
you'll find it in the xlisp package :-)
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/gui/winterp/xlisp/xlisp21p.tgz

enjoy.