From: Mirko
Subject: cl-user google map
If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
can add your location on this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&ll=42.697248,-73.887758&spn=0.003406,0.008025&z=18.

Right now, the cl-user world is a very very lonely place.  There are
many many more clojure users (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=112691912540601337884.00045972a1deb8de0d96b)

To add your location, you need to log in to your google account, and
click the edit button on the left pane.  That will bring up a few
icons in the top left corner of the map, one of which you can drag to
your location, and add your information.

If, on the other hand, you prefer `to watch', just check out the map.

Cheers,

Mirko

From: Mirko
Subject: Re: cl-user google map
On Feb 2, 9:32 pm, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
> can add your location on this map:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&ll=42.6972....
>
> Right now, the cl-user world is a very very lonely place.  There are
> many many more clojure users (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
> ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=112691912540601337884.00045972a1deb8de0d96b)
>
> To add your location, you need to log in to your google account, and
> click the edit button on the left pane.  That will bring up a few
> icons in the top left corner of the map, one of which you can drag to
> your location, and add your information.
>
> If, on the other hand, you prefer `to watch', just check out the map.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mirko

Or actually, this link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114830829398919898492.000461fa38297b8417186&ll=42.689439,-73.836622&spn=0.003285,0.008025&z=18

(sigh)
From: D Herring
Mirko wrote:
> On Feb 2, 9:32 pm, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
>> can add your location on this map:

That is a very lonely map.  Any possibility of hooking into lispforum
accounts?

- Daniel
From: Mirko
On Feb 2, 11:57 pm, D Herring <········@at.tentpost.dot.com> wrote:
> Mirko wrote:
> > On Feb 2, 9:32 pm, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
> >> can add your location on this map:
>
> That is a very lonely map.  Any possibility of hooking into lispforum
> accounts?
>
> - Daniel

Do you mean by posting a message, or something else?

I am not a forum member (not another login please), but if you are,
please announce it there as well (and paste the instructions from my
first mesage).

Mirko
From: D Herring
Mirko wrote:
> On Feb 2, 11:57 pm, D Herring <········@at.tentpost.dot.com> wrote:
>> Mirko wrote:
>> That is a very lonely map.  Any possibility of hooking into lispforum
>> accounts?
>
> Do you mean by posting a message, or something else?

LispForum has a profile entry for location; I thought your map could
scrape these automatically or some other data sharing could be arranged...

> I am not a forum member (not another login please), but if you are,
> please announce it there as well (and paste the instructions from my
> first mesage).

Done.

BTW, I've seen other map overlays that don't require users to register
with the Goog.  Something to look into...

- Daniel
From: Zach Beane
D Herring <········@at.tentpost.dot.com> writes:

> Mirko wrote:
>> On Feb 2, 9:32 pm, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
>>> can add your location on this map:
>
> That is a very lonely map.  Any possibility of hooking into lispforum
> accounts?

http://www.cliki.net/xearth has some very old geodata for Lispers.

Zach
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Feb 3, 3:40 am, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 9:32 pm, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > If you feel especially exhibitionist, and have a google account, you
> > can add your location on this map:
>
> >http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&ll=42.6972....
>
> > Right now, the cl-user world is a very very lonely place.  There are
> > many many more clojure users (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
> > ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=112691912540601337884.00045972a1deb8de0d96b)
>
> > To add your location, you need to log in to your google account, and
> > click the edit button on the left pane.  That will bring up a few
> > icons in the top left corner of the map, one of which you can drag to
> > your location, and add your information.
>
> > If, on the other hand, you prefer `to watch', just check out the map.
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Mirko
>
> Or actually, this link:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid..
There is no edit button in above link, something that shows into
clojure map.

bobi

From: Alessio Stalla
On Feb 3, 3:40 am, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or actually, this link:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid...
>
> (sigh)

How do I add myself to that map? Couldn't figure it out...
From: Mirko
On Feb 3, 2:56 pm, Alessio Stalla <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 3, 3:40 am, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Or actually, this link:
>
> >http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid...
>
> > (sigh)
>
> How do I add myself to that map? Couldn't figure it out...

OK, I now modified the `collaborate' settings and allowed anyone to
modify the map.  But you do need to have a google account in order to
modify it.

Mirko
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Feb 3, 10:01 pm, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2:56 pm, Alessio Stalla <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 3, 3:40 am, Mirko <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Or actually, this link:
>
> > >http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid...
>
> > > (sigh)
>
> > How do I add myself to that map? Couldn't figure it out...
>
> OK, I now modified the `collaborate' settings and allowed anyone to
> modify the map.  But you do need to have a google account in order to
> modify it.
>
> Mirko

Great, many thanks

bobi
From: gary.schiltz
Great idea, Mirko! I just added Ecuador, and therefore South America.
Looks like we're up to 5 out of 7 continents - anyone down under like
to make it 6? I doubt we'll get anyone from Antarctica, although it
would do a lot for Lisp's "coolness" factor :-)

;; Gary Schiltz
;; Mindo, Ecuador
From: Mirko
On Feb 8, 9:36 pm, "gary.schiltz" <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great idea, Mirko! I just added Ecuador, and therefore South America.
> Looks like we're up to 5 out of 7 continents - anyone down under like
> to make it 6? I doubt we'll get anyone from Antarctica, although it
> would do a lot for Lisp's "coolness" factor :-)
>
> ;; Gary Schiltz
> ;; Mindo, Ecuador

Welcome on board.  We just need those folks from down under to join.

By the way,  this modified link,

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114830829398919898492.000461fa38297b8417186&ll=42.689439,-73.836622&spn=276,4785&z=180

opens up at the largest zoom.  It is not mirko-centric anymore.
From: D Herring
Mirko wrote:
> On Feb 8, 9:36 pm, "gary.schiltz" <············@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Great idea, Mirko! I just added Ecuador, and therefore South America.
>> Looks like we're up to 5 out of 7 continents - anyone down under like
>> to make it 6? I doubt we'll get anyone from Antarctica, although it
>> would do a lot for Lisp's "coolness" factor :-)
>>
>> ;; Gary Schiltz
>> ;; Mindo, Ecuador
>
> Welcome on board.  We just need those folks from down under to join.
>
> By the way,  this modified link,
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114830829398919898492.000461fa38297b8417186&ll=42.689439,-73.836622&spn=276,4785&z=180
>
> opens up at the largest zoom.  It is not mirko-centric anymore.

Just drop the coordinates entirely...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=114830829398919898492.000461fa38297b8417186

Its not quite the largest view, but its a good default.

- Daniel