From: GP lisper
Subject: Drakma password examples
Does someone have some sample postable Drakma code showing access to a
passworded website and fetching an internal webpage?  I'm stuck
somewhere, I keep getting back the initial 'enter password' page.

A citation into the drakma mailing list perhaps?

--
Lisp:  Powering `Impossible Thoughts since 1958
From: =?UTF-8?B?QW5kcsOpIFRoaWVtZQ==?=
Subject: Re: Drakma password examples
GP lisper schrieb:
> Does someone have some sample postable Drakma code showing access to a
> passworded website and fetching an internal webpage?  I'm stuck
> somewhere, I keep getting back the initial 'enter password' page.

The official website lists a slot basic-authorization under
http://www.weitz.de/drakma/#http-request

> A citation into the drakma mailing list perhaps?

The official website informs its reader about a mailing list:
http://www.weitz.de/drakma/#mail

In principle you could put username and password for a login request for
some websites also into the url. But you will run into problems as soon
JavaScript is needed to fill out forms or to evaluate them.
More and more websites make an Ajax request to log you in.

If you need that you may consider using htmlunit:
http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/
It has a very advanced JavaScript engine, built in support for tables
and frames, etc.
You can use it in ABCL or also easily with Clojure.
I personally have used it with Clojure, so that is the only language
which I can suggest you to use.

André
--
Lisp is not dead. It’s just the URL that has changed:
http://clojure.org/