From: larrywatanabe
Subject: Setting up lispbox with sbcl - easy emacs/slime/sbcl/windows 	environment
Hi,

After struggling to setup an emacs/slime/sbcl environment, I looked at
the lispbox site. Unfortunately there is no lispbox for sbcl/windows -
but there is an easy solution.

Just install lispbox with any lisp
install sbcl
go to the lispbox directory, e.g. c:\Program Files\LispBox-0.7, and
edit the lisp.el file.
Set the *slime-lisp* to point to your sbcl implementation (since sbcl
adds itself to the path, you don't even need to remember where it is)

; (setq *slime-lisp* "C:/Program Files/acl81-express/allegro-
express.exe")
(setq *slime-lisp* "sbcl")

-Larry Watanabe

From: Thomas A. Russ
larrywatanabe <·············@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> After struggling to setup an emacs/slime/sbcl environment, I looked at
> the lispbox site. Unfortunately there is no lispbox for sbcl/windows -
> but there is an easy solution.
>
> Just install lispbox with any lisp
> install sbcl
> go to the lispbox directory, e.g. c:\Program Files\LispBox-0.7, and
> edit the lisp.el file.
> Set the *slime-lisp* to point to your sbcl implementation (since sbcl
> adds itself to the path, you don't even need to remember where it is)
>
> ; (setq *slime-lisp* "C:/Program Files/acl81-express/allegro-
> express.exe")
> (setq *slime-lisp* "sbcl")

Um, you really don't want to go around editing the lisp.el file like
that, since it then breaks when you update slime.

That is, instead, something you want to do in your Emacs initialization
file.  I'm not sure what it's called under windows, but you should be
able to add something like

  (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl")

or maybe, related to what you found

  (setq *slime-lisp* "sbcl")

in your init file and have it take effect.  I'm not sure if you would
need to make sure slime is loaded first with

  (require 'slime)

or not.  It may come pre-loaded.

From: gugamilare
On 16 abr, 14:41, ····@sevak.isi.edu (Thomas A. Russ) wrote:
> larrywatanabe <·············@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hi,
>
> > After struggling to setup an emacs/slime/sbcl environment, I looked at
> > the lispbox site. Unfortunately there is no lispbox for sbcl/windows -
> > but there is an easy solution.
>
> > Just install lispbox with any lisp
> > install sbcl
> > go to the lispbox directory, e.g. c:\Program Files\LispBox-0.7, and
> > edit the lisp.el file.
> > Set the *slime-lisp* to point to your sbcl implementation (since sbcl
> > adds itself to the path, you don't even need to remember where it is)
>
> > ; (setq *slime-lisp* "C:/Program Files/acl81-express/allegro-
> > express.exe")
> > (setq *slime-lisp* "sbcl")
>
> Um, you really don't want to go around editing the lisp.el file like
> that, since it then breaks when you update slime.
>
> That is, instead, something you want to do in your Emacs initialization
> file.  I'm not sure what it's called under windows, but you should be
> able to add something like
>
>   (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl")
>
> or maybe, related to what you found
>
>   (setq *slime-lisp* "sbcl")
>
> in your init file and have it take effect.  I'm not sure if you would
> need to make sure slime is loaded first with
>
>   (require 'slime)
>
> or not.  It may come pre-loaded.
>
> --
> Thomas A. Russ,  USC/Information Sciences Institute

To find this file under windows, it is just a mater of C-x f
"~/.emacs".
From: Mark Wooding
gugamilare <··········@gmail.com> writes:

> To find this file under windows, it is just a mater of C-x f
> "~/.emacs".

`set-fill-column requires an explicit argument'

I think you mean C-x C-f.  (I also think it was just a typo.)

-- [mdw]