From: ·······@eurogaran.com
Subject: ANNOUNCE new version of limitools
Now providing support for Scieneer CL.
Find it at:
http://www.eurogaran.com/downloads/lisp/limitools
Would like to include support for ECL. Can anyone provide me some
links to documentation on ECL Multithread?

From: Scott Burson
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE new version of limitools
On Apr 10, 4:34 am, ·······@eurogaran.com wrote:
> Now providing support for Scieneer CL.
> Find it at:http://www.eurogaran.com/downloads/lisp/limitools

I can't get DNS resolution for www.eurogaran.com.

What is limitools?

-- Scott
From: ·······@eurogaran.com
> I can't get DNS resolution for www.eurogaran.com.

Momentary problem in our DNS server. Seems solved now.
From: D Herring
Scott Burson wrote:
> On Apr 10, 4:34 am, ·······@eurogaran.com wrote:
>> Now providing support for Scieneer CL.
>> Find it at:http://www.eurogaran.com/downloads/lisp/limitools
>
> I can't get DNS resolution for www.eurogaran.com.

I'm seeing a resolution to 213.236.24.17, but you'll see a proxy error
if you use that address directly.  :(

> What is limitools?

;;;; Limitime = Tools to limit computation time. A part of Limitools.
;;;; (c) Juan Jose Garcia 2007

>> Would like to include support for ECL. Can anyone provide me some
>> links to documentation on ECL Multithread?

?!?  Isn't Juanjo the head ECL developer?  He wrote limitools for
everyone else a couple years ago?  Odd.

Anyway, here's a link to the ECL docs on multithreading.
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch19.html

- Daniel
From: ·······@eurogaran.com
> ?!?  Isn't Juanjo the head ECL developer?
No. My name is Juanjo Garcia Carre and his is Juanjo Garcia Ripoll.
We are both spaniards (catalonian origin), similar age, with a
scientific background (mine in chemistry, his in physics) and lispers,
but that's where similarities end.

>  He wrote limitools for
> everyone else a couple years ago?  Odd.
Threads on ECL were not working then.

> Anyway, here's a link to the ECL docs on multithreading.
> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch19.html
Thank you very much.
From: ·······@eurogaran.com
> > Anyway, here's a link to the ECL docs on multithreading.
> > http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch19.html
> Thank you very much.

These days are in Spain a small vacational period, so I did not want
to disturb Juanjo Garcia Ripoll unnecessarily. Thanks again.
From: D Herring
·······@eurogaran.com wrote:
>> ?!?  Isn't Juanjo the head ECL developer?
> No. My name is Juanjo Garcia Carre and his is Juanjo Garcia Ripoll.
> We are both spaniards (catalonian origin), similar age, with a
> scientific background (mine in chemistry, his in physics) and lispers,
> but that's where similarities end.

Thanks for the clarification.

- Daniel
From: ·······@eurogaran.com
From: D Herring
·······@eurogaran.com wrote:
> I have uploaded a preliminary version of limitime.lsp with ECL
> support. Same link.
> It causes segfaults for me, but I think it's a problem of my
> ecl-9.4.1. Can you test it?
> Expecting your comments.

Seems to work on ecl 8.12.0.

*features*
(:ASDF :LINUX :FORMATTER :IEEE-FLOATING-POINT :RELATIVE-PACKAGE-NAMES
:UNICODE :DFFI :CLOS-STREAMS :CMU-FORMAT :UNIX :ECL-PDE :DLOPEN :CLOS
:THREADS :BOEHM-GC :ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP :ECL :COMMON :X86_64 :FFI
:PREFIXED-API)

Test cases:
(with-min-time 5 5)
(with-max-time 5 (loop))

I don't have 9.4 handy for testing.

- Daniel
From: ·······@eurogaran.com
OK Thanks Daniel.
I will announce as soon as I can download and test some working
version of a threaded ecl. (I'm on hollidays and the connection here
is horrible).
Meanwhile I think is perfectly safe for to use the uploaded limitools.