From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: [ANN] Binomial-Heap v0.1
Hi,

I've released the initial release of my binomial heap[1] implementation
[2]. (It's installable via ASDF-INSTALL and comes with the git tree.
Package has no dependencies and should be runnable on any Common Lisp
implementation.) For any sort of priority queue implementations,
especially where union operations are scattered all over the place,
you might be interested in to use binomial heaps.

Regards.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_heap
[2] http://www.cliki.net/binomial-heap

From: D Herring
Subject: Re: [ANN] Binomial-Heap v0.1
Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> I've released the initial release of my binomial heap[1] implementation
> [2]. (It's installable via ASDF-INSTALL and comes with the git tree.
> Package has no dependencies and should be runnable on any Common Lisp
> implementation.) For any sort of priority queue implementations,
> especially where union operations are scattered all over the place,
> you might be interested in to use binomial heaps.
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_heap
> [2] http://www.cliki.net/binomial-heap

Maybe you could integrate it into cl-containers?
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-containers/

- Daniel
From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: Re: Binomial-Heap v0.1
On Apr 11, 6:41 am, D Herring <········@at.tentpost.dot.com> wrote:
> Maybe you could integrate it into cl-containers?

cl-containers is not ASDF installable (broken dependencies, not
compatible across different Common Lisp implementations, etc.) and
depends on lots of other hairy libraries. binomial-heap comes as is.
From: D Herring
Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> On Apr 11, 6:41 am, D Herring <········@at.tentpost.dot.com> wrote:
>> Maybe you could integrate it into cl-containers?
>
> cl-containers is not ASDF installable (broken dependencies, not
> compatible across different Common Lisp implementations, etc.) and
> depends on lots of other hairy libraries. binomial-heap comes as is.

It is true that cl-containers has external dependencies and that
asdf-install is largely broken.  However, cl-containers seems to work
on a range of CL implementations and to have a wider selection of data
structure.

Rather than have one library with one API and spotty documentation for
each data structure, I think it would help CL to gain popularity if we
could join together and work on polishing one or two larger data
structure libraries.

- Daniel