From: TheScullster
Subject: AutoCad Lisp Question
Hi all

Does this group cover lisp questions relating to AutoCad?
Specifically I would be interested to know if anyone has code to "scan" a
drawing (or can give me some pointers) to find the file size attributable to
each entity.
We are struggling with file bloating and need to identify where the bulges
are coming from.

TIA

Phil

From: Rob Warnock
Subject: Re: AutoCad Lisp Question
TheScullster <····@dropthespam.com> wrote:
+---------------
| Does this group cover lisp questions relating to AutoCad?
| Specifically I would be interested to know if anyone has code to
| "scan" a  drawing (or can give me some pointers) to find the file size
| attributable to each entity.
+---------------

You'll probably get better help in "comp.cad.autocad" or "alt.cad.autocad".

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Peter Hill
On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:27:57 +0100, "TheScullster"
<····@dropthespam.com> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Does this group cover lisp questions relating to AutoCad?
>Specifically I would be interested to know if anyone has code to "scan" a
>drawing (or can give me some pointers) to find the file size attributable to
>each entity.
>We are struggling with file bloating and need to identify where the bulges
>are coming from.
>
>TIA
>
>Phil

2D or 3D?

Sketched lines (not sketch mode) with silly small segements, polylines
and blocks ware main culprits in older versions but I moved job to
CADDS5 when r15 came out and now use NX.

http://www.caddigest.com/subjects/autocad/tutorials/select/071304_vandoorn_purge.htm
--
Peter Hill
Can of worms - what every fisherman wants.
From: Martti Halminen
TheScullster wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Does this group cover lisp questions relating to AutoCad?
> Specifically I would be interested to know if anyone has code to "scan" a
> drawing (or can give me some pointers) to find the file size attributable to
> each entity.
> We are struggling with file bloating and need to identify where the bulges
> are coming from.

The first places to check, depending on AutoCAD version, are layer
filters, registered applications and scale lists.

The best place for AutoLISP -specific questions is probably the newsgroup

   autodesk.autocad.customization

- I'm not sure whether this is distributed on general news servers, but
you can get it from the discussion.autodesk.com server.
Also readable by a web browser at

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=130