From: MC Andre
Subject: Spam overrunning this group
Holy crap does this group get a lot of spam. How can this be stopped?

From: Matthew D Swank
Subject: Re: Spam overrunning this group
On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 00:09:55 -0700, MC Andre wrote:

> Holy crap does this group get a lot of spam.

Some of it is even off topic.

> How can this be stopped?

Every time you see a spam posting kill the cutest, happiest, most tail
waggiest puppy you can find.  Eventually the spam will stop.

Failing that, get a clue and a filter.

Matt

--
Next Friday will not be your lucky day.  As a matter of fact, you don't
have a lucky day this year.
From: Stonewall Ballard
On Apr 4, 4:21 am, Matthew D Swank <··················@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Failing that, get a clue and a filter.

Do you know of a way to filter out the spam when reading this list on
Google Groups?
From: Francogrex
On Apr 4, 5:42 pm, Stonewall Ballard <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Failing that, get a clue and a filter.
>
> Do you know of a way to filter out the spam when reading this list on
> Google Groups?

I don't think a filter works in google. Actually I'm surprised that
Google with all their advanced technology can't set a filter
themselves. They have been warned before that there are a lot of
spammers on this newsgroup and others.
From: Matthew D Swank
On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 08:42:13 -0700, Stonewall Ballard wrote:

> On Apr 4, 4:21 am, Matthew D Swank <··················@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Failing that, get a clue and a filter.
>
> Do you know of a way to filter out the spam when reading this list on
> Google Groups?

The most practical way to filter a google group is to filter one of the
xml feeds e.g. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/feeds.

Matt
--
You have a deep interest in all that is autistic.