From: Kenneth Tilton
Subject: From the Dept of NIH: Pomo? Why?
wtf? A Lisper can't do raw Postgres?! At least Postgres is documented. I
am reminded of the disaster that is cl-opengl: a whole new API!!! OpenGL
documents do not apply!!!

Questions? Comments?

I just do not see the added value to justify the obfuscation and
run-time cost.

kt

From: D Herring
Subject: Re: From the Dept of NIH: Pomo? Why?
Kenneth Tilton wrote:
> wtf? A Lisper can't do raw Postgres?! At least Postgres is documented. I
> am reminded of the disaster that is cl-opengl: a whole new API!!! OpenGL
> documents do not apply!!!
>
> Questions? Comments?
>
> I just do not see the added value to justify the obfuscation and
> run-time cost.

What do you think of cl-glfw?  Its pretty much a programmatic 1-1 mapping.

- Daniel
From: Kenneth Tilton
D Herring wrote:
> Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>> wtf? A Lisper can't do raw Postgres?! At least Postgres is documented.
>> I am reminded of the disaster that is cl-opengl: a whole new API!!!
>> OpenGL documents do not apply!!!
>>
>> Questions? Comments?
>>
>> I just do not see the added value to justify the obfuscation and
>> run-time cost.
>
> What do you think of cl-glfw?  Its pretty much a programmatic 1-1 mapping.

I still use my own bindings for opengl, but thx for the recommendation.

kt
From: Zach Beane
Kenneth Tilton <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> wtf? A Lisper can't do raw Postgres?!

QUERY can get pretty raw.

Zach
From: Rob Warnock
Kenneth Tilton  <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
+---------------
| wtf? A Lisper can't do raw Postgres?!
+---------------

I still like (and use) Eric Marsden's "PG", the first item at:

    http://emarsden.chez.com/downloads/

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Kenneth Tilton
Rob Warnock wrote:
> Kenneth Tilton  <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> | wtf? A Lisper can't do raw Postgres?!
>
> I still like (and use) Eric Marsden's "PG", the first item at:
>
>     http://emarsden.chez.com/downloads/

I just discovered s-sql evaluates the table name in drop table but not
create table. oh my....

kt