From: Rich Hickey
Subject: Muddle/MDL
During a talk I gave last night on Clojure, Gerald Sussman said it
reminded him of Muddle/MDL. I haven't been able to find any detailed
information on MDL online. If anyone could point me to an online-
accessible paper or other documentation I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Rich
From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Muddle/MDL
In article
<····································@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
 Rich Hickey <··········@gmail.com> wrote:

> During a talk I gave last night on Clojure, Gerald Sussman said it
> reminded him of Muddle/MDL. I haven't been able to find any detailed
> information on MDL online. If anyone could point me to an online-
> accessible paper or other documentation I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich

Sure. ;-)

Several large PDFs - the papers are from 1979/1980:

The MDL Programming Language Primer
http://publications.csail.mit.edu/lcs/pubs/pdf/MIT-LCS-TR-292.pdf

The MDL Programming Language
http://publications.csail.mit.edu/lcs/pubs/pdf/MIT-LCS-TR-293.pdf