From: ···@fdy2.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: RFC 1037 NFILE implementations around?
On 29 Sep, 15:33, Andreas Davour <·······@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> wrote:
> I was researching some old lispM features and found out about this
> Symbolics file system. In the RFC there are mentions of unix
> implementations. Are there any code for this available, or is it buried
> in a mess of smothering lawyers?

You can find the source code to a UNIX implementation of NFILE here:

<http://www.unlambda.com/download/cadr/chaos-cadr.tar.gz>

This is a port of the original MIT code to run in userspace, the
tarballs
of the original kernel code are still available too.

The Lisp side is in the MIT sources from the same site, and works fine
within the USIM emulator.

A later version is in the LMI tree on Joe Marshall's website here:

<http://eval.apply.googlepages.com/>

Robert Swindells
From: ···············@gmail.com
On Sep 30, 8:51 am, ····@fdy2.demon.co.uk wrote:
> On 29 Sep, 15:33, Andreas Davour <·······@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> wrote:
>
> > I was researching some old lispM features and found out about this
> > Symbolics file system. In the RFC there are mentions of unix
> > implementations. Are there any code for this available, or is it buried
> > in a mess of smothering lawyers?
>
> You can find the source code to a UNIX implementation of NFILE here:
>
> <http://www.unlambda.com/download/cadr/chaos-cadr.tar.gz>
>
> This is a port of the original MIT code to run in userspace, the
> tarballs
> of the original kernel code are still available too.
>
> The Lisp side is in the MIT sources from the same site, and works fine
> within the USIM emulator.
>
> A later version is in the LMI tree on Joe Marshall's website here:
>
> <http://eval.apply.googlepages.com/>
>
> Robert Swindells

Actually, I believe that code is an implementation of the earlier
QFILE protocol, which NFILE replaced.

Another place to look for QFILE implementations would be the ITS
sources.