From: ·············@gmail.com
Subject: typo in hyperspec for UNLESS
I did not find the following adressed in

http://www.cliki.net/Proposed%20ANSI%20Revisions%20and%20Clarifications

Under the discussion of when & unless
(http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/m_when_.htm),
the behavior of unless has a typo: the FALSE condition is discussed
twice with contradicting specification, and the TRUE condition is not
mentioned.

"In an unless form, if the test-form yields FALSE, the forms are
evaluated in order from left to right and the values returned by the
forms are returned from the unless form. Otherwise, if the test-form
yields FALSE, the forms are not evaluated, and the unless form returns
nil. "

Mirko

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: typo in hyperspec for UNLESS
In article
<····································@25g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,
 ·············@gmail.com wrote:

> I did not find the following adressed in
>
> http://www.cliki.net/Proposed%20ANSI%20Revisions%20and%20Clarifications
>
> Under the discussion of when & unless
> (http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/m_when_.htm),
> the behavior of unless has a typo: the FALSE condition is discussed
> twice with contradicting specification, and the TRUE condition is not
> mentioned.
>
> "In an unless form, if the test-form yields FALSE, the forms are
> evaluated in order from left to right and the values returned by the
> forms are returned from the unless form. Otherwise, if the test-form
> yields FALSE, the forms are not evaluated, and the unless form returns
> nil. "
>
> Mirko

I think you are right.

You should add that to the CLIKI page, please.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: ·············@gmail.com
On Sep 4, 11:59 am, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> In article
> <····································@25g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  ·············@gmail.com wrote:
> > I did not find the following adressed in
>
> >http://www.cliki.net/Proposed%20ANSI%20Revisions%20and%20Clarifications
>
> > Under the discussion of when & unless
> > (http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/m_when_.htm),
> > the behavior of unless has a typo: the FALSE condition is discussed
> > twice with contradicting specification, and the TRUE condition is not
> > mentioned.
>
> > "In an unless form, if the test-form yields FALSE, the forms are
> > evaluated in order from left to right and the values returned by the
> > forms are returned from the unless form. Otherwise, if the test-form
> > yields FALSE, the forms are not evaluated, and the unless form returns
> > nil. "
>
> > Mirko
>
> I think you are right.
>
> You should add that to the CLIKI page, please.
>
> --http://lispm.dyndns.org/

wow, my first REAL contribution to the cl-world.  Will do.

Mirko