From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: Re: How are LISP programs commonly deployed?
On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 06:22 -0800, Errol Pelchat wrote:
> Hi, I'm sort of new to LISP so please excuse my ignorance. My
> experience with LISP is just writing a few lines of code here and
> there. From what I've gathered so far there doesn't seem to by a
> typical way to deploy a LISP app, but I suspect I have overlooked
> something. Is there a typical way of deploying a LISP program,
> installing it (if necessary), and running it?

i use core dumps(#1) and rsync (via ssh) to deploy and keep things in
sync

to make sure things start up correctly (right user, etc.) and unattended
i use the `start-stop-daemon' program via a small script placed
in /etc/init.d/

`swank' (the server part of slime) and/or `screen' is also involved
sometimes

#1: sb-ext:save-lisp-and-die in SBCL