From: Franccesco
Subject: Repeat with me
Common Lisp is a bullshit.

From: Geoffrey Summerhayes
Subject: Re: Repeat with me
On Nov 5, 12:04 pm, Franccesco <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Common Lisp is a bullshit.

Yep. It's amazing what you can grow with decent fertilizer.
From: Franccesco
On 5 nov, 18:28, Geoffrey Summerhayes <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 5, 12:04 pm, Franccesco <········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Common Lisp is a bullshit.
>
> Yep. It's amazing what you can grow with decent fertilizer.

Are these all the important/pupular applications made in CL?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Common_Lisp_software

What a shit!
From: Francogrex
On Nov 5, 8:51 pm, Franccesco <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 nov, 18:28, Geoffrey Summerhayes <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 5, 12:04 pm, Franccesco <········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Common Lisp is a bullshit.
>
> > Yep. It's amazing what you can grow with decent fertilizer.
>
> Are these all the important/pupular applications made in CL?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Common_Lisp_software
>
> What a shit!

Yeah, giants like Axiom, Macsyma, Maxima and other implementations...
you're right...
From: Kenny

You missed one: http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Franccesco <········@gmail.com> writes:

> On 5 nov, 18:28, Geoffrey Summerhayes <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 5, 12:04�pm, Franccesco <········@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Common Lisp is a bullshit.
>>
>> Yep. It's amazing what you can grow with decent fertilizer.
>
> Are these all the important/pupular applications made in CL?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Common_Lisp_software

No they are not all.  They are only the applications made in CL that
are catalogued by Wikipedia.  There are a lot of other CL
applications, some of them are listed on http://www.franz.com/success/
but a lot of them are kept secret, as in secret weapon, or mission
critical applications.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
From: ······@corporate-world.lisp.de
On 6 Nov., 11:43, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> Franccesco <········@gmail.com> writes:

> >> Yep. It's amazing what you can grow with decent fertilizer.
>
> > Are these all the important/pupular applications made in CL?
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Common_Lisp_software
>
> No they are not all.  They are only the applications made in CL that
> are catalogued by Wikipedia.  There are a lot of other CL
> applications, some of them are listed onhttp://www.franz.com/success/
> but a lot of them are kept secret, as in secret weapon, or mission
> critical applications.
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__

Well, I created that Wikipedia category so that Common Lisp software
that is mentioned
on Wikipedia can be reached from the main Common Lisp article.

People who add articles that mention Common Lisp software to Wikipedia
might want to
add these articles to the 'Common Lisp software' category (by adding
the
category to the article page). The idea is that the collection may
grow over time.

So, it is not a collection of Common Lisp software,
but a collection of Wikipedia entries about Common Lisp software.
'Common Lisp software'
is meant as in 'contains traces of Common Lisp code'. ;-)
From: Raymond Toy

    Pascal> Franccesco <········@gmail.com> writes:

    >>> Yep. It's amazing what you can grow with decent fertilizer.
    >>
    >> Are these all the important/pupular applications made in CL?
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Common_Lisp_software

    Pascal> No they are not all.  They are only the applications made in CL that
    Pascal> are catalogued by Wikipedia.  There are a lot of other CL
    Pascal> applications, some of them are listed on http://www.franz.com/success/
    Pascal> but a lot of them are kept secret, as in secret weapon, or mission
    Pascal> critical applications.

You know, people say this all the time, but it's never very
convincing.

I have this secret language that's used in a gazillion applications.
Sorry, I can't tell you the language and I can't tell you the
applications.

Do you believe me?  Why not?

Ray
From: Kaz Kylheku
On 2008-11-06, Raymond Toy <···········@ericsson.com> wrote:
> You know, people say this all the time, but it's never very
> convincing.
>
> I have this secret language that's used in a gazillion applications.
> Sorry, I can't tell you the language and I can't tell you the
> applications.
>
> Do you believe me?  Why not?

Good! You are not supposed to believe.
From: ········@gmail.com
On 5 Nov, 18:04, Franccesco <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Common Lisp is a bullshit.

Then you should instantly inform all the people using Clojure right
now that they are only wasting their time!

But please hurry, the users there are increasing constantly (aka
hourly)!

If you don't start to tell them *now*, it could be too late!!

-PM
From: Kenny
Franccesco wrote:
> Common Lisp is a bullshit.