From: akopa
Subject: Attribute Grammar Compilers
Speaking of dataflow, I've been reading a bit about attribute
grammars, and I would like to use them in Common Lisp.  Being lazy, I
googled for impl; not much out there.  There is Ergo, but that's about
it.  One thing I did notice though, was that attribute calculation
looks a lot like how I usually pass and propagate state in prolog.
Short of writing my own graph traversal code, or doing it in (god help
us) Cells, does using embedded prolog seem like a good first pass at
implementing attribute grammars?

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Attribute Grammar Compilers
akopa <··················@gmail.com> writes:

> Speaking of dataflow, I've been reading a bit about attribute
> grammars, and I would like to use them in Common Lisp.  Being lazy, I
> googled for impl; not much out there.  There is Ergo, but that's about
> it.  One thing I did notice though, was that attribute calculation
> looks a lot like how I usually pass and propagate state in prolog.
> Short of writing my own graph traversal code, or doing it in (god help
> us) Cells, does using embedded prolog seem like a good first pass at
> implementing attribute grammars?

Yes.  This would allow to write your attributed grammar as easily as
in prolog.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
From: mayson
On May 27, 9:28 am, akopa <··················@gmail.com> wrote:
> Speaking of dataflow, I've been reading a bit about attribute
> grammars, and I would like to use them in Common Lisp.  Being lazy, I
> googled for impl; not much out there.  There is Ergo, but that's about
> it.  One thing I did notice though, was that attribute calculation
> looks a lot like how I usually pass and propagate state in prolog.
> Short of writing my own graph traversal code, or doing it in (god help
> us) Cells, does using embedded prolog seem like a good first pass at
> implementing attribute grammars?

You might also take a look at OMeta, q.g.
From: Matthew D Swank
On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:16:22 -0700, mayson wrote:

> On May 27, 9:28 am, akopa <··················@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Speaking of dataflow, I've been reading a bit about attribute grammars,
>> and I would like to use them in Common Lisp.  Being lazy, I googled for
>> impl; not much out there.  There is Ergo, but that's about it.  One
>> thing I did notice though, was that attribute calculation looks a lot
>> like how I usually pass and propagate state in prolog. Short of writing
>> my own graph traversal code, or doing it in (god help us) Cells, does
>> using embedded prolog seem like a good first pass at implementing
>> attribute grammars?
>
> You might also take a look at OMeta, q.g.

Thank you.

Matt