From: John Thingstad
Subject: Effivency for modern procesor
I don't understand the efficiency model for modern processors.
(The last processor I programmed in assembly was a 386)
That is parallel processors, pipelining, processor cashes etc..
Could you recommend a book on this?

--------------
John Thingstad

From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Re: Effivency for modern procesor
John Thingstad wrote:
> I don't understand the efficiency model for modern processors.
> (The last processor I programmed in assembly was a 386)
> That is parallel processors, pipelining, processor cashes etc..
> Could you recommend a book on this?

"Optimizing Compilers for Modern Architectures" by Randy Allen seems
pretty good. (Previously recommended to me on this channel...)

Pascal

--
1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS'08)
http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/

My website: http://p-cos.net
From: Petter Gustad
"John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> writes:

> That is parallel processors, pipelining, processor cashes etc..
> Could you recommend a book on this?

Computer Architecture, A Quantitative Approach by John Hennessy and
David Patterson.

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.