From: Andreas Thiele
Subject: directed graphs? - lack of experience
Hi all,

I must admit, I have a certain lack of experience. I need some operations on a directed graph. Specifically the graph shall represent the relations within a relational db model. I need to be able to sort the graph or/and find longest pathes. I try to write a program which allows automated cascading deletes in the database but probably with additional control possibilities.

Can anybody point me to some reading (preferably succint) or give some example how such a 'mesh' can or should be represented in Lisp?

Thanks in advance

Andreas

From: Andreas Thiele
Subject: Re: directed graphs? - lack of experience
Andreas Thiele wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I must admit, I have a certain lack of experience. I need some operations on a directed graph. Specifically the graph shall
> represent the relations within a relational db model. I need to be able to sort the graph or/and find longest pathes. I try to
> write a program which allows automated cascading deletes in the database but probably with additional control possibilities.
>
> Can anybody point me to some reading (preferably succint) or give some example how such a 'mesh' can or should be represented in
> Lisp?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Andreas

Sorry for wasting your time folks,

sometimes you can't see the forrest for the tree.

I already have a representation in my DSL.

I just had to write a nice function to walk the graph.

Andreas
From: ··················@gmail.com
Additionally (for next graph programs), I would suggest cl-graph.
Found it really useful, although documentation could be better.

Antonis
From: ·······@eurogaran.com
> I must admit, I have a certain lack of experience. I need some operations on a directed graph. Specifically the graph shall represent the relations within a relational db model. I need to be able to sort the graph or/and find longest pathes. I try to write a program which allows automated cascading deletes in the database but probably with additional control possibilities.

The most amazing papers on the matter are by Hendrickson & Toczko
(based on Milan Randic work): If you simply maximize the graph's
connectivity matrix, chances are that those circuits appear at the
beginning or end of the resulting maximized/minimized matrix.
Quick and clean.
Another very interesting paper is due to Dr.Sussenguth. Don't have the
references here, though.