From: billc
Subject: Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for May 2008 - LoL with Drew
Hi all,

Drew's going to take a break from his boat-building (he bought a large
yacht a few months ago and has been busy refurbishing it in
preparation for various piratical activiities that cannot be discussed
here ;-) ) to talk about his "Lisp on Lines" (LoL) web application
framework.

Although next month we will be moving to a new location (with a
projector and a special meeting room!), the new location is still
under construction. Therefore, we will be meeting again this month at
Calhoun's Coffee House and Restaurant There won't be a projector, so
we'll have to VNC a couple of laptops so that we aren't all crowded
around Drew's laptop. We've done that in the past, so this shouldn't
be a problem (so long as some people remember to bring laptops! ;-) ).

Here's the "official" meeting notice:

Topic: LoL with Drew
Presenter: Drew Crampsie
Date: Thursday, May 22, 2008
Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
Venue: Calhoun's, 3035 West Broadway, Vancouver
creating input and output mechanisms using those descriptions. Its
primary focus is in generating the HTML/Javascript/SQL/CSS required of
your average web application, but it is in no way limited to that
platform.

Lisp on Lines is unique among web frameworks in that at allows you to
combine and customize generic, context-aware components that
completely abstract your from the underlying languages, and allow you
to develop web applications in a bottom up, exploritory manner.

In this presentation i'll introduce the framework and some of the
technologies behind it, including UCW, ROFL, MAO, FTW, WTF, and
ContextL. Then, we'll build a simple web application in a bottom-up
style, refining and growing it using feature requests from the
audience. Finally, we'll drink beer and complain about the weather.

Join us for a beer/coffee and a chance to see/discuss how Lisp can be
used to create a web application using a CL framework that delivers on
many of the buzzwords normally associated with Web 2.0 applications.

Any changes/additions/links will be on my blog:
http://bc.tech.coop/blog/080513.html

--
Bill Clementson
From: viper-2
On May 13, 1:53 pm, billc <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Drew's going to take a break from his boat-building (he bought a large
> yacht a few months ago and has been busy refurbishing it in
> preparation for various piratical activiities that cannot be discussed
> here ;-) ) to talk about his "Lisp on Lines" (LoL) web application
> framework.
>
> Although next month we will be moving to a new location (with a
> projector and a special meeting room!), the new location is still
> under construction. Therefore, we will be meeting again this month at
> Calhoun's Coffee House and Restaurant There won't be a projector, so
> we'll have to VNC a couple of laptops so that we aren't all crowded
> around Drew's laptop. We've done that in the past, so this shouldn't
> be a problem (so long as some people remember to bring laptops! ;-) ).
>
> Here's the "official" meeting notice:
>
> Topic: LoL with Drew
> Presenter: Drew Crampsie
> Date: Thursday, May 22, 2008
> Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
> Venue: Calhoun's, 3035 West Broadway, Vancouver
> creating input and output mechanisms using those descriptions. Its
> primary focus is in generating the HTML/Javascript/SQL/CSS required of
> your average web application, but it is in no way limited to that
> platform.
>
> Lisp on Lines is unique among web frameworks in that at allows you to
> combine and customize generic, context-aware components that
> completely abstract your from the underlying languages, and allow you
> to develop web applications in a bottom up, exploritory manner.
>
> In this presentation i'll introduce the framework and some of the
> technologies behind it, including UCW, ROFL, MAO, FTW, WTF, and
> ContextL. Then, we'll build a simple web application in a bottom-up
> style, refining and growing it using feature requests from the
> audience. Finally, we'll drink beer and complain about the weather.
>
> Join us for a beer/coffee and a chance to see/discuss how Lisp can be
> used to create a web application using a CL framework that delivers on
> many of the buzzwords normally associated with Web 2.0 applications.
>
> Any changes/additions/links will be on my blog:http://bc.tech.coop/blog/080513.html
>
> --
> Bill Clementson

I'm really tied up just now (see http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/4362f18d6827b4a1)
but If Drew promises to host the next LispVan aboard his yacht, then I
promise to come. That way you won't have any problems with
availability of projectors, meeting rooms - and Red Stripe.

I might even persuade him to include attacking Cylon baseships among
his piratical activities.

Good Hunting!
agt