From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Lisp Meeting Hamburg/Germany, 28.5.2008, 19:00, at freiheit.com
Hi,

the organizer of the Lisp HH Meeting (Jens Teich) has
just announced the 28.5.2008, 19:00 as the next meeting date.
The meeting takes place every last wednesday of the month.

This time the meeting is at freiheit.com with two talks:

  * Edi Weitz will talk about a software that has
    recently been ported to LispWorks/CAPI. He will
    explain a bit about the software and especially
    also about CAPI. CAPI is the
    GUI toolkit from LispWorks which enables
    the development of GUI-based applications
    that will be easily portable to Windows, Mac OS X and
    X11/Motif.

  * Rainer Joswig (that's me) will show two running
    Symbolics Lisp Machines: a Symbolics MacIvory 3
    (with the famous keyboard ;-) ) and a Symbolics
    NXP1000. I will demo a bit the software, the
    operating system and the user interface. Most people
    haven't seen such a machine running, so that talk
    would be a chance to see two of those. The message
    of the talk should be that there are little
    limits to Lisp programming and should motivate
    you to think about writing applications with Lisp.

More about the meeting here:

  http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/lisp-hh/2008-May/000124.html

Remember, if you want to be at that meeting, contact
the organizer (use the lisp-hh mailing list) - it will
support planning...

Rainer Joswig

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/