From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Open AIR (ne Hunchncells): New SoC idea
Andy Chambers has been walking me thru interweb nursery school and it is
starting to look as if we can do something pretty killer with Ajax /and/
steal some of Adobe's AIR thunder by offering alternate Cello backends
to deliver portable desktop apps from the same source.

Time is short, but this could be a great Google SoC project for someone
who can handle Lisp and Ajax tolerably well.

I am heading now to the project ideas page on Lisp-NYC, but email me
directly if interested.

kt

--
http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"In the morning, hear the Way;
  in the evening, die content!"
                     -- Confucius

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: Open AIR (ne Hunchncells): New SoC idea
Ken Tilton wrote:
> Andy Chambers has been walking me thru interweb nursery school and it is
> starting to look as if we can do something pretty killer with Ajax /and/
> steal some of Adobe's AIR thunder by offering alternate Cello backends
> to deliver portable desktop apps from the same source.
>
> Time is short, but this could be a great Google SoC project for someone
> who can handle Lisp and Ajax tolerably well.
>
> I am heading now to the project ideas page on Lisp-NYC, but email me
> directly if interested.

Turns out the Lisp-NYC ideas form just takes a ten-word description. Oh,
well. Write for deets, deadline is Monday 5pm PST.

kt
From: Sohail Somani
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:08:13 -0400, Ken Tilton wrote:

> Ken Tilton wrote:
>> Andy Chambers has been walking me thru interweb nursery school and it
>> is starting to look as if we can do something pretty killer with Ajax
>> /and/ steal some of Adobe's AIR thunder by offering alternate Cello
>> backends to deliver portable desktop apps from the same source.
>>
>> Time is short, but this could be a great Google SoC project for someone
>> who can handle Lisp and Ajax tolerably well.
>>
>> I am heading now to the project ideas page on Lisp-NYC, but email me
>> directly if interested.
>
> Turns out the Lisp-NYC ideas form just takes a ten-word description. Oh,
> well. Write for deets, deadline is Monday 5pm PST.
>
> kt

I only heard about the Lisp-NYC SoC from this newsgroup. If it would be
on Planet Lisp (one of those blog things), you could be more visible to
your target audience.

A deadline of 3 days is likely to scare anyone away anyway.

Oh wait, these are students. They do all their work right before the
deadline.

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com
From: Ken Tilton
Sohail Somani wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:08:13 -0400, Ken Tilton wrote:
>

>>Ken Tilton wrote:
>>
>>>Andy Chambers has been walking me thru interweb nursery school and it
>>>is starting to look as if we can do something pretty killer with Ajax
>>>/and/ steal some of Adobe's AIR thunder by offering alternate Cello
>>>backends to deliver portable desktop apps from the same source.
>>>
>>>Time is short, but this could be a great Google SoC project for someone
>>>who can handle Lisp and Ajax tolerably well.
>>>
>>>I am heading now to the project ideas page on Lisp-NYC, but email me
>>>directly if interested.
>>
>>Turns out the Lisp-NYC ideas form just takes a ten-word description. Oh,
>>well. Write for deets, deadline is Monday 5pm PST.
>>
>>kt
>

> I only heard about the Lisp-NYC SoC from this newsgroup. If it would be
> on Planet Lisp (one of those blog things), you could be more visible to
> your target audience.

Er, shouldn't you be telling that to Planet Lisp? Or is that what you
just did? :)

> A deadline of 3 days is likely to scare anyone away anyway.

If they cannot write a one-page proposal in three days... oh...

> Oh wait, these are students. They do all their work right before the
> deadline.

OK, you were just setting up  a joke. Sorry for stepping on the punch line.

:)

kenny

From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Mar 28, 6:45 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> Andy Chambers has been walking me thru interweb nursery school and it is
> starting to look as if we can do something pretty killer with Ajax /and/
> steal some of Adobe's AIR thunder by offering alternate Cello backends
> to deliver portable desktop apps from the same source.
>
> Time is short, but this could be a great Google SoC project for someone
> who can handle Lisp and Ajax tolerably well.
>
> I am heading now to the project ideas page on Lisp-NYC, but email me
> directly if interested.
Cute project. I would wish you luck but I need all of it hoping
someone will bite Erlang-in-lisp.
http://fare.livejournal.com/121009.html

Slobodan