From: dstein64
Subject: Re-initializing the environment
I am using SBCL and SLIME. How can I re-initialize the Lisp
environment without completely restarting? That is, how can I get back
to the same image/state that I would be in had I just loaded SBCL?
Thanks.

From: Zach Beane
Subject: Re: Re-initializing the environment
dstein64 <········@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using SBCL and SLIME. How can I re-initialize the Lisp
> environment without completely restarting? That is, how can I get back
> to the same image/state that I would be in had I just loaded SBCL?

You can conveniently do this from SLIME with M-x
slime-restart-inferior-lisp.

I tend to work within a new package, though, and when I want to start
over I use DELETE-PACKAGE and reload. When that isn't enough, I
restart the inferior lisp.

Zach
From: Kent M Pitman
dstein64 <········@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using SBCL and SLIME. How can I re-initialize the Lisp
> environment without completely restarting? That is, how can I get back
> to the same image/state that I would be in had I just loaded SBCL?

I can't speak to SBCL, but generally, you're making the apparent
implicit assumption that "completely restarting" is slower.  On many
lisps, it's a lot faster than doing what you're asking.