From: Øyvin Halfdan Thuv
Subject: Re: Closing Excel
On 2008-03-21, Jacobite1607 <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whenever I close excel using Lispworks DDE like this:
>
> (w::dde-execute-string* :excel :system "[quit]")
>
> returns
>
> DDE: DDE execute #<DDE conversation (Client) EXCEL|SYSTEM 0xDESTROYED>
> "[quit]" failed
>
> Although it does close the copy of excel I have open.
>
> Any idea what I need to do so that it closes without reporting an
> error, or am I going about it the wrong way?

Hi there.

I do not know the answer to your problem. However, the mailinglist
········@lispworks.com is probably a much better place to ask this
question. Any LispWorks-specific questions are better answered there
in my experience ...

(btw. there is some DDE (and COM) example code distributed with LispWorks. In
the unlikely case that you have not already studied it ...)

--
Oyvin

From: Jacobite1607
> I do not know the answer to your problem. However, the mailinglist
> ········@lispworks.com is probably a much better place to ask this

Thanks I'll try there.

> (btw. there is some DDE (and COM) example code distributed with LispWorks. In
> the unlikely case that you have not already studied it ...)

Neither example mentioned closing Excel, or opening it for that
matter.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

William
From: Jacobite1607
Yea!
Lispworks version 5.1 has fixed the bug in ignore-errors so that it
now closes Excel.
I tried it in 5.0 and it didn't work so this was obviously part of
their revisions.

William