From: gavino
Subject: why do all these things on cliki etc have NON free stuff WTF
I was watching this web video and the d00d opens lispworks.

Is there a common lisp site for only open souce lisp programs?

Jesus that is so annoying....

If I want proprietary stuff I'll call some outfit liek Franz.

I though Cliki was for open source stuff........ DAMN ITT

If Im going to spend a crap load of money buy stuff then I'll get
Microcrap and enjoy the cool aid and compatability.

From: gavino
On Mar 14, 3:55 pm, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was watching this web video and the d00d opens lispworks.
>
> Is there a common lisp site for only open souce lisp programs?
>
> Jesus that is so annoying....
>
> If I want proprietary stuff I'll call some outfit liek Franz.
>
> I though Cliki was for open source stuff........ DAMN ITT
>
> If Im going to spend a crap load of money buy stuff then I'll get
> Microcrap and enjoy the cool aid and compatability.

PS
Whats the deal with all the mac users?
I HATE macs!!!!
Where are all the linux or opensolaris or bsd people using lisp on
those os-es and powering profitable startups?
Why use mac or windows =locked software and patent mugg you buggers.
Where is the internet powering community and allowing free exchange of
ideas.

I think until cliki is sectioned off into free and non free it will be
a pain in the butt to use because you will be bitten by some guy using
some locked software somewhere and then your screwed.
From: Brian
gavino wrote:
> I was watching this web video and the d00d opens lispworks.
>
> Is there a common lisp site for only open souce lisp programs?
>
> Jesus that is so annoying....
>
> If I want proprietary stuff I'll call some outfit liek Franz.
>
> I though Cliki was for open source stuff........ DAMN ITT
>
> If Im going to spend a crap load of money buy stuff then I'll get
> Microcrap and enjoy the cool aid and compatability.
You can run portable lisp programs on a non-free implementation?
Sure, thats surprising...

I guess you hate the people who all free software to run on windows
also...
From: gavino
On Mar 14, 5:46 pm, Brian <··············@gmail.com> wrote:
> gavino wrote:
> > I was watching this web video and the d00d opens lispworks.
>
> > Is there a common lisp site for only open souce lisp programs?
>
> > Jesus that is so annoying....
>
> > If I want proprietary stuff I'll call some outfit liek Franz.
>
> > I though Cliki was for open source stuff........ DAMN ITT
>
> > If Im going to spend a crap load of money buy stuff then I'll get
> > Microcrap and enjoy the cool aid and compatability.
>
> You can run portable lisp programs on a non-free implementation?
> Sure, thats surprising...
>
> I guess you hate the people who all free software to run on windows
> also...

hate?
what?
no
but I do wish there was a separation of free from non free sections of
the site.....what if CPAN had 'proprietary' modules?  It would dilute
frustrate and huty progress...