From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: GNU Clisp 2.44 prompt on windows
·············@scarlet.be writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using GNU clisp on windows.
> I updated my clisp to the newest version. (available here :http://
> heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/clisp/clisp-2.44-win32-mingw-big-
> install.exe  )
> Since the update clisp doesn't allow me to use some characters like \,
> #, | at the prompt (even with paste).
> Anybody knows how to solve this?

This is probably a question of encodings used by the terminal and used by clisp.

I don't know how you can tell your terminal emulator what encoding to
use, but with clisp, you can easily change the encodings used with the
-E option.  Said otherwise, read the man page (or the implementation
notes).

However, given the characters you have difficulties with are ASCII
characters, we could think that the problem is that your terminal uses
some other ISO646 encoding, and unfortunately, clisp only knows
ISO646-US (ASCII).

So you'll have to tell your terminal to use some other encoding.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__