From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: COP in Journal of Object Technology
Hi everybody,

There is a new article about Context-oriented Programming in the Journal
of Object Technology, and it can be viewed and downloaded at
http://www.jot.fm/issues/issue_2008_03/article4/

It discusses context-oriented extensions for Common Lisp, Smalltalk and
Java, namely ContextL, ContextS and ContextJ. There is a new ContextL
example presented in this article that we haven't discussed in any of
the previous papers, so it should be an interesting read for ContextL
users as well.

Here are links for more information and/or downloads for the discussed
language extensions:
- ContextL: http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/contextl.html
- ContextS: http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/cop/
- ContextJ: http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/contextj.html

As always, please feel free to send feedback and suggestions.

Best,
Pascal

--
1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS'08)
http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/

My website: http://p-cos.net

From: Slobodan Blazeski
Subject: Re: COP in Journal of Object Technology
On Mar 8, 4:31 pm, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> There is a new article about Context-oriented Programming in the Journal
> of Object Technology, and it can be viewed and downloaded athttp://www.jot.fm/issues/issue_2008_03/article4/
>
> It discusses context-oriented extensions for Common Lisp, Smalltalk and
> Java, namely ContextL, ContextS and ContextJ. There is a new ContextL
> example presented in this article that we haven't discussed in any of
> the previous papers, so it should be an interesting read for ContextL
> users as well.
>
> Here are links for more information and/or downloads for the discussed
> language extensions:
> - ContextL:http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/contextl.html
> - ContextS:http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/cop/
> - ContextJ:http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/contextj.html
>
> As always, please feel free to send feedback and suggestions.
>
> Best,
> Pascal
>
> --
> 1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS'08)http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/
>
> My website:http://p-cos.net
> Common Lisp Document Repository:http://cdr.eurolisp.org
> Closer to MOP & ContextL:http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/

Thanks for the link, I'll read it thoroughly .

Slobodan

P.S.
When could we expect ContextL example including weblocks? :)
From: Pascal Costanza
Slobodan Blazeski wrote:
> On Mar 8, 4:31 pm, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> There is a new article about Context-oriented Programming in the Journal
>> of Object Technology, and it can be viewed and downloaded athttp://www.jot.fm/issues/issue_2008_03/article4/
>>
>> It discusses context-oriented extensions for Common Lisp, Smalltalk and
>> Java, namely ContextL, ContextS and ContextJ. There is a new ContextL
>> example presented in this article that we haven't discussed in any of
>> the previous papers, so it should be an interesting read for ContextL
>> users as well.
>>
>> Here are links for more information and/or downloads for the discussed
>> language extensions:
>> - ContextL:http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/contextl.html
>> - ContextS:http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/cop/
>> - ContextJ:http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/contextj.html
>>
>> As always, please feel free to send feedback and suggestions.
>>
>> Best,
>> Pascal
>>
>> --
>> 1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS'08)http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/
>>
>> My website:http://p-cos.net
>> Common Lisp Document Repository:http://cdr.eurolisp.org
>> Closer to MOP & ContextL:http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/
>
> Thanks for the link, I'll read it thoroughly .
>
> Slobodan
>
> P.S.
> When could we expect ContextL example including weblocks? :)

It will still take a while before I can go public with this. But it
looks quite good. Weblocks is pretty cool!

Getting the push model to work was much easier than I expected (but it's
admittedly a hack... ;)

Pascal