From: Ken Tilton
Subject: My Nastiest Macro Ever? destructuring-bind
http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-nastiest-macro-ever.html

Macrology tips from His Kennyness.

Himself

--
http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"In the morning, hear the Way;
  in the evening, die content!"
                     -- Confucius

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: My Nastiest Macro Ever? destructuring-bind
On Mar 5, 8:26 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-nastiest-macro-ever.html

You're reinventing things like Metabang-bind and Fare-matcher:

  http://www.cliki.net/bind
  http://www.cliki.net/fare-matcher
From: Ken Tilton
Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> On Mar 5, 8:26 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-nastiest-macro-ever.html
>

> You're reinventing things...

What part of Lisp do you not understand? My version took four hours and
a pint of scotch.

Don't answer that, I killed you a while ago.

Instead you might port either to Arc and contribute it to the community,
thereby encouraging a Lisp and incidentally drawing folks towards Common
Lisp. ie, Something useful, if you know what that is.

:)

kenny

From: Damien Kick
Ken Tilton wrote:

> Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>> On Mar 5, 8:26 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>> http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-nastiest-macro-ever.html
>>
>> You're reinventing things...
>
> What part of Lisp do you not understand? My version took four hours and
> a pint of scotch.

And here I thought that the point of Greenspun was that buggy, half
complete reinventions of what was already in Lisp was a bad thing.
Using Scheme to reinvent Lisp so that Lisp can then be used to Greenspun
Lisp might be a fun meta-circle-jerk but I'm not gonna eat that biscuit.

> Instead you might port either to Arc and contribute it to the community,
> thereby encouraging a Lisp and incidentally drawing folks towards Common
> Lisp. ie, Something useful, if you know what that is.

You seem to have a notion, one that I find rather strange, that
contributing to the Balkanization of Lisp will somehow be good for the
future of Lisp.
From: Kaz Kylheku
On Mar 18, 5:07 pm, Damien Kick <·····@earthlink.net> wrote:
> You seem to have a notion, one that I find rather strange, that
> contributing to the Balkanization of Lisp will somehow be good for the
> future of Lisp.

Hey, it's good for yogurt.
From: vanekl
Ken Tilton wrote:
> http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-nastiest-macro-ever.html
>
> Macrology tips from His Kennyness.
>
> Himself

Robert Morris' corollary to Greenspun's 10th come to life.

congrats. buggy, nasty, or otherwise, i'm sure they were
welcome additions and well received.

so arc has passed the 100 hour horizon and is well along
the way towards its 100 day public anniversary. welcome,
arc, to the lisp community.

[to the tune of Walk on the Wild Side.]

  Arc came from out of MzScheme
  In the server room she was PG's darlin'
  But she never lost the (list)
  Even when she was evalin' (lisp)
  She says hey, His Kennyness,
          take a walk on the abstract syntax tree
  Said hey, Kenny,
          take a walk on the abstract syntax tree

  And the cool kids go,
  `(yawn ,were :too-cool-to-care)
  `(sigh ,weve :seen-it-here ,ere)
  `(snipe ,arc :is-one-big-err)
  `(sneer ,we :arent-wearing-underwear)

  [with apologies to Lou Reed,
   Whedon, PG, Kenny, and all the cool kids]

--
mv grammar-nazis > /deeavt/nsuhlilt