From: Joachim Durchholz
Subject: Re: is free, open source software ethical?
Am Mittwoch, den 05.03.2008, 02:48 -0800 schrieb Christophe:
> Ok, it's a point of view, but as a customer I have the choice to use
> Erlang with European or USA developers but also with China
> developers ... And for the same price I have significatively more
> resources.
>
> China can say "thanks Ericsson" too, I am agree with you.

Uh... the Chinese will get pay raises eventually?
Cf. India, which is already on the decline after all - they do have a
cost advantage, but a lot of it is eaten up by cultural differences and
misunderstandings. Some of the business has stayed in India, of course,
but a lot has moved back.

Besides, just wait until the Chinese start to build their first OS
projects. It will take a while because they are still too busy making
money for their daily meal, but wait a decade or so and they'll be fully
up to speed.

Regards,
Jo
From: Christophe
On 5 mar, 12:07, Joachim Durchholz <ยทยทยทยท@durchholz.org> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 05.03.2008, 02:48 -0800 schrieb Christophe:
>
> > Ok, it's a point of view, but as a customer I have the choice to use
> > Erlang with European or USA developers but also with China
> > developers ... And for the same price I have significatively more
> > resources.
>
> > China can say "thanks Ericsson" too, I am agree with you.
>
> Uh... the Chinese will get pay raises eventually?
> Cf. India, which is already on the decline after all - they do have a
> cost advantage, but a lot of it is eaten up by cultural differences and
> misunderstandings. Some of the business has stayed in India, of course,
> but a lot has moved back.
>
> Besides, just wait until the Chinese start to build their first OS
> projects. It will take a while because they are still too busy making
> money for their daily meal, but wait a decade or so and they'll be fully
> up to speed.
>
> Regards,
> Jo

Hi all,

"Chinese start to build their first OS" : Red Hat uops Red Flag !

Best Regards